·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Banned
2,576 Posts
thats a sweet deal.

I got my licence renewal stuff in the mail yesterday and noticed the changes that now require mopeds etc to have a modified M licence as well. All steps (including Honda's offering) in the right direction in my opinion

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From a girl thats ridden a YSR50 (quite a bit smaller than the 125 in size and CC's) all I can say is that this lil 125 will be an absolute blast to ride.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
That's a great deal, a training course at the college (which ends in an M2) is about $400 alone - though they probably don't provide ministry examination.

I saw these bikes on TV, they concluded they would be fine for commuting around in and were fun to ride. Be prepared for your friends making fun of your toy bike, though.

But where did you find this stuff about pricing including all of that extra jazz? I've been trying to get a friend of mine into riding, I'd like to forward this stuff to him.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ummm Cycle Canada? hehe

·
Track Junkie
2,462 Posts
I wish the seat was a little lower, I would so buy one for my g/f.

·
Registered
111 Posts
This is a nice bike for new riders as a first bike and it's good for practicing.

it's also great for fuel economy for sure.

But instead of buying this bike, I would get riding lessons if I was starting new(maybe for 20hours).

Overall quality of the bike is okay for a bike like this in this class.

Here, it has a maintainance period of 1800 miles(3000km). too frequent.

People who buy this bike usually sell it after a short period of time because it's underpowered for freeways.

Some sell it after using it 2 months, some sell it after 4-5 months.

it has a speedometer reading 124mph but it max outs at about 75-80mph on straights.

And I would never give the half price of a fz6 to this bike.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats what I am hoping for...someone to buy it new, and then I will buy it for my daughter who is turning 16 in June. She will ride my Yamaha TDR50 until she tires of it, and I will buy her a CBR125 perhaps in the fall or winter, when the price will be super cheap!

·
Track Junkie
2,462 Posts
Too bad the seat height is a little over an inch taller than the 250 ninja. Only problem my g/f has is her height.

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
That's certainly an interesting little bike. I'd like to see one in person...

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
yes probably a little defy, i bet they handle better than what they look like they do...if they have sticky rubber. that bike looks awsome to me. but 125 is too small for a four stroke IMO. unless its for a 14 year old or something. that would be awsome if it was a 250-350cc.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
That's real smart for Honda to do that. A package deal assures the new rider will be outfitted properly and lessons too. It would be wise for the other manufacturers to follow their lead.

·
Registered
83 Posts
my son has a 2005 cbr125. it doesnt do anywere near 90mpg. on a good day it will top out around 65mph. he has a remus can & k&n filter fitted. it eats chains and sprockets. (new set every 4mths) i have ridden it a few times. and you have to rev the stones out of it to get it to go! its hideous to ride:-( he has just passed his test. bike is now for sale. he is buying a 2004 fz6.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts