That Volvo sounded pretty good. Curious to what is under the hood

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Gotta love that turbo whistle :)

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I believe that is the sound of the standard 5 cylinder that they put in the 850R Volvo. Sounds like he threw a huge turbo on the thing though, along with some other mods. They are fairly quick for their weight though even in stock trim.

·
Registered
10 Posts
wescoas1 said:
I believe that is the sound of the standard 5 cylinder that they put in the 850R Volvo. Sounds like he threw a huge turbo on the thing though, along with some other mods. They are fairly quick for their weight though even in stock trim.

Actually in stock trim those things are piss ass slow.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
A good friend of mine back in Seattle has a fairly well modded Volvo 850R Wagon that runs 12.9's all day long at the track on street tires. It's fast as hell. I always had fun riding around with him, he'd rev at riced out Civics all the time, they laugh, and then we leave them about 30 car lengths behind :D

·
Registered
223 Posts
Man any idea what that has under the bonnet, and the £$ invested. Me wants one! Haha :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thats definitely a sleeper car. He needs to take that to tracks and bet people.

·
Registered
226 Posts
If he had some stickier tires he would be even faster.. so much lost :(

I remember my old volvo... people just look at you funny when you 're flying down the express lanes at 120 mph in a station wagon.

·
Registered
623 Posts
forthelove said:
If he had some stickier tires he would be even faster.. so much lost :(

I remember my old volvo... people just look at you funny when you 're flying down the express lanes at 120 mph in a station wagon.
They look at you funny cause you are a moron flying down the express lane at 120mph.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Fizzer_6 said:
Actually in stock trim those things are piss ass slow.
Think so? I don't. Not for the 100,000 lb beast that it is.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts