Sport Bikes banner

Can you wheelie on a 500?

3K views 28 replies 19 participants last post by  motocrossn8 
#1 · (Edited)
Tips on 500 wheelies?

I have a gs500. I've seen them done on youtube (even though the front is only up about a foot for maybe 2-3 seconds. But I'm just itching to pull up the front. So...any tips?

#2 ·
Throw some D's on that bitch.:lao :eek:nfloor J/k The answer to your question is yes. Some people will say you need different gearing which is not true. Your bike is very capable of coming up with stock gearing. Just clutch it. And if you want to cheat a little bit you can change the gearing and it will come up a bit easier.

#5 ·
One guy I ride with thats a really good rider, my older brother let him wheelie his ninja 250, and he was getting them a couple feet in the air.

#11 ·
what I love most about that pic is that he is wearing all the gear EXCEPT FOR A HELMET...............sheesh.

Id be fine the other way around if it came down to one piece of equiptment.

Otherwise really cool pic.

#12 ·
hybrid said:
what I love most about that pic is that he is wearing all the gear EXCEPT FOR A HELMET...............sheesh.

Id be fine the other way around if it came down to one piece of equiptment.

Otherwise really cool pic.
maybe he has so much glue holding up his mohawk that he'll bounce off the ground if he lands on his head?

and i used to wheelie my 250. pretty much gotta be at a stand still in 1st gear, rev the engine to the moon and drop the clutch....

#14 ·
Smooth7 said:
maybe he has so much glue holding up his mohawk that he'll bounce off the ground if he lands on his head?

and i used to wheelie my 250. pretty much gotta be at a stand still in 1st gear, rev the engine to the moon and drop the clutch....
Or power it up standin on rear pegs bounce it up in first and pull real hard. U can get 2 BP that way those lil things are fun.

#16 ·
mike honcho said:
:banana Well, I managed to pull up the front a whole 6 inches (That's right, a whole 6 inches!):2eek I only had a few minutes tonight to try it, oh well.
keep at it bro. get comphy pullin it up like you are before you start trying to get a little higher. remember to cover the rear brake just in case! i might save your ass.

#17 ·
yeah you can! you can wheelie a 250 bro

clutch them up--
start going around 20mph, pull in clutch, rev it a little higher, drop the clutch
practice

can you even power up/bounce a 500?

get in your powerband, let off the throttle, and at the same time bounce down on the front forks, and then wide open throttle

try not to pull up...you dont want to land with the wheel not straight

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.