Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as the title states? The rest of the frame is fine, bike rides straight. But the subframe is twisted a bit

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wack it as straight as you can with rubber mallet and don't worry about it. Most bikes that have hit the ground have a less that straight subframe. The only worry would be the integrity of the area that bolts to the main frame--Not fun if it breaks and you ass is asphault surfing.........

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man. I tried bending it back with a bar. Won't budge. Steel frame. I think I will leave it as it is, and maybe try to bolt the rear tail a different way to compensate for the bent subframe (that way it wont *look* bent)

·
Roadracer since '96
1,911 Posts
Heat it with a torch and it should bend back while hot. You need to get it hot to do it, but not melting metal hot. Have someone else heat the area that is bent while you use the pipe to bend it carefully. :)

·
Roadracer since '96
1,911 Posts
As a word of caution, you should be very careful if your trying to do this while still attached to the bike, take the gas tank off the bike! I would hate to read that your gas tank exploded from fumes igniting while doing this!

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
GSXR RACER MIKE said:
As a word of caution, you should be very careful if your trying to do this while still attached to the bike, take the gas tank off the bike! I would hate to read that your gas tank exploded from fumes igniting while doing this!

+100000

gas=kinda explosive

gas FUMES= EXTREMELY explosive.

do not have open flame near gas tank, do this OUTSIDE!

a few months ago a guy posted up about an explosion in his garage due to gas fumes. All he had was a 5 gallon gas tank sitting in his garage, and it was CLOSED. IT DOESNT TAKE MUCH!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts