Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Holy Shit.
For those interested in the Scorpion slip on exhaust-BEWARE.
I don't know why but my new Scorpion carbon fiber exhaust is UNGODLY LOUD. It hurts its so loud.
A loud, loud growl at idle. And an unreal loud wail on the freeway.
It sounds like an open pipe. But it also feels noticably quicker, too.
I don't know if I got some sort of race version or what, but this pipe is trouble. No apparent exhaust leaks that I can find.
This Scorpion is a beautuful pipe that fits perfect, but it is f#@king loud.
I'll take a pic tomorrow-if I don't get thrown in jail.
My ears hurt. Its that loud. I just can't believe it.
Anyone have this.... problem?
Very confused...

·
me a "racer",i think not!
289 Posts
just put my carbon fiber scorps on about a week ago, im loving it! they sound super good, even gotten compliments from a few superbike riders. i love love love love them!
make my baby sound like a real bike, like moving up from a tricycle to a mountain bike! cant say how happy with them i am.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
A buddy of mine has a Scorpion slip-on on his 05 R6, and it's not bad at all. It's only LOUD under WOT up in the rpms. Otherwise, it seems to be a pretty tame pipe. Hell, even my SV with a M4 slip-on is louder than his....EVERYWHERE in the rpm range.

Call the company, state your complaint, and see what they say. Maybe you got one that wasn't even packed from the factory???

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TRaGiK said:
A buddy of mine has a Scorpion slip-on on his 05 R6, and it's not bad at all. It's only LOUD under WOT up in the rpms. Otherwise, it seems to be a pretty tame pipe. Hell, even my SV with a M4 slip-on is louder than his....EVERYWHERE in the rpm range.

Call the company, state your complaint, and see what they say.QUOTE]

Yup, I'm gonna call Scorpion & PipeCity.
I just can't believe how loud it is. Not tame at all. And I have had some loud bikes in the past.
If the pipe is still on come the west coast rally time, I'll be sure to get razzed.

·
On The Job
1,739 Posts
Mine are loud but not too loud though. They are fairly quiet at idle. Only when I'm winding it out do they seem pretty loud. Thy don't hurt my ears at all. I have the stainless though. Maybe that has something to do with it.

·
Theres no I in threesome
6,118 Posts
Maxxacceleration said:
TRaGiK said:

Call the company, state your complaint, and see what they say.QUOTE]

Yup, I'm gonna call Scorpion & PipeCity.
I just can't believe how loud it is. Not tame at all. And I have had some loud bikes in the past.
If the pipe is still on come the west coast rally time, I'll be sure to get razzed.
If you wanna get rid of them, I'll gladly buy them from you.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I may well sell this pipe if I can't quiet it down.
From the rider position, my Scorpion hurts. It echos/resonates/drones in my helmet and seems to put a buzzing in my chest/back. I haven't had anyone ride behind me yet, but my R6 buddy will soon. I'll be curious...
It sounds absolutely wicked, but definitely illegal loud I would guess.
At 44 years of age and 11 street bikes under my belt this is the loudest pipe ever-unless I ran
my '77 KZ1000 with the baffle removed!
I can melt Harleys to a pile of American steel with this pipe.
And will today.

·
Theres no I in threesome
6,118 Posts
Maxxacceleration said:
From the rider position, my Scorpion hurts. It echos/resonates/drones in my helmet and seems to put a buzzing in my chest/back. I haven't had anyone ride behind me yet, but my R6 buddy will soon. I'll be curious...
At 44 years of age and 11 street bikes under my belt this is the loudest pipe ever-unless I ran
And will today.
Well, if you're looking to sell them I'm in the market. Just shoot me a PM and we can do business. Heck, I'll even send you my stock pipe if you've already gotten rid of yours.

·
Street racing hooligan
146 Posts
Maxxacceleration said:
And will today.
Buy ear plugs and keep the loud pipes you woose!

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ear plugs are definitely in order. I never have had to use them my entire life on a bike, but nows the time. I came back with ear aches today.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I might buy them just to hear what he is complaining about :lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts