Sport Bikes banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen this on the web before on some bike pic website, and the owner told how he did it. The bad thing is that I don't remember how. I remember he said the mesh can be found at a Home Depot or the like, but the way he installed it is gone. I don't want to pay $20 for something that's not precut, molded, etc, plus that's not the bike I have. I'm sure that I could figure it out on my own, but would like to know if anybody here has done it and had success, a tried and true method is obviously preferred by me. Anyway, here's the link to what I'm talking about

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=2486133263&category=10066&sspagename=WDVW

·
Registered
23 Posts

I did that on a hayabusa recently. 30 bucks, some patience, and a bit of work and you can do it. The guy i did it for brought in the screen and a 2-part epozy he bought at a local auto store. We just cut the basic shapes and used our hands to mold it around the back of the fairing openings. Then a little epoxy to keep it there. That's basically it. Here's how it came out.

·
Banned
1,003 Posts

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
hondaboy44709 said:
damn my home depot dont carry that. ia here i cum.
I'd find that very hard to believe. You sure you walked up to a sales person and asked them where their gutter guard was? It's not exactly a rare item. No need to come to Iowa, you can order online.

http://homedepot.com

·
Registered
103 Posts
I did mine with concrete wire mesh from home depot. I just cut it to shape and bent around the opening, and put some spots of epoxy to hold. It took me a lot longer because I made sure all the diamonds faced the same way. Just a tip: Make sure the mesh doesn't touch your exhaust. The mesh will discolor and start to break down from the heat. I had to redo the mesh my cousin did on the bike before I had it. I just took a flat head to pop of the old epoxy and just bent the mesh out farther away from the pipe. You can see in the third pic. It was a cheap mod about $12, I love how it looks. :dblthumb

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.