Sport Bikes banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the active Army. I have all of the legality issues taken care of. Tag, insurance, registration, M class lerner's permit, Full set of PPE. My Q is. (By regs) am I free to go riding with a licensed rider or do I 100% have to wait until next weekend (after I have had BRC)?

·
Registered
848 Posts
well, if they follow the same type of regs, then based on the USAF, the answer would be a big fat NO, except to ride to the class/test. i have to brief that for all our newbs. Motorcycle Mentor over here.

·
Registered
26 Posts
We have a waiver that the commander can sign to allow people to ride up to 30 days prior to their MSF class. Of course this is the AF and not the Army. There are pretty much waivers for everything in the AF.

EDIT: Talk to your safety office guys, the motorcycle reps and your supervisor. See if they have a stock waiver like we have. If not see if you can write up a quick little waiver and get the commanders signature on it. You only are having to wait a week till you can actually ride but it never hurts to ask.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
With the USMC, its shunned upon to ride around in town without taking the BRC course and completely unauthorized to ride on base without having completed the course unless you have it scheduled. Of course rules and regulations constantly change so you should always check with your motorcycle reps to be sure of the most up to date information.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Must have the brc

Sent from my iPod touch using MO Free

·
Common sense isn't common
986 Posts
While I understand the OP is asking about Army, and its somewhat of an old thread, I thought I would reply here. Figured if anyone did a search they would wind up here. I am the MSR for my command.

This is PACADMIN 002/13 from Jun 2013.

3. GUIDANCE AND REQUIREMENTS.
A. LEVEL I AND LEVEL II TRAINING. ALL PACFLT SVCMBRS SHALL
COMPLETE THE REQUIRED LEVEL I TRAINING PRIOR TO OPERATING A
MOTORCYCLE. ALL PACFLT SVCMBRS WHO OPERATE MOTORCYCLES SHALL
COMPLETE LEVEL II TRAINING WITHIN 60 DAYS OF SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETING
LEVEL I TRAINING OR UPON CHANGING THE TYPE OF MOTORCYCLE RIDDEN.
OPERATING A MOTORCYCLE WITHOUT LEVEL I TRAINING, OR WITHOUT LEVEL II
TRAINING AFTER THE 60 DAY PERIOD EXPIRES, IS A VIOLATION OF A LAWFUL
GENERAL ORDER (REF B). PACFLT SVCMBRS SHALL CEASE OPERATING
MOTORCYCLES UNTIL REQUIRED TRAINING IS COMPLETED AND PROPERLY
DOCUMENTED IN ESAMS.

I really hate ESAMS and all the changing of BRC/MSRC to Level I/II and all other kinds of crap. They are making tracking this shit way more difficult to track than it has to be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts