Sport Bikes banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took the first riding part of the MSF today and got to ride another bike other than mine for the first time. I noticed that their bikes were a lot easier to take off in first gear from a stop.

On my bike I have to rev it to about 4000 RPMs before I start letting out the clutch. And if I let the RPMs go under 2000 before the clutch is fully released, she stalls. But on their bikes at the MSF today, it was almost like I could take off in first while idling without giving it hardly any gas what so ever.

It's not that much of an issue since I have already gotten the hang of releasing the clutch on my bike the way it is now, but I will admit it was a hell of a lot easier today on their bikes.

My question is this: Is there anything I can adjust to lower the RPMs needed to ride off without stalling?

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
hmmm.....

It's possible that your clutch cable is out of adjustment or your idle is set a little low.

What RPM does your bike idle at? When you blip the throttle with the clutch held in, what does it do? Does it hesitate for a second, then shoot up like crazy? Does it almost bog out? Does it go up really fast but then take several seconds to return to normal?

Sounds like something is going on, but I'd have to be there in person to pinpoint it.... need more info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts