Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, As a new member I am looking forward to benefiting from the knowledge of everyone on this forum. I just purchased an older RF900R that sometime in the past had been down. The part of the frame where the right foot peg and rear brake pedal attach to is broken off. Can this be welded or will I have to replace the frame? They say the frame is made of hollow steel,but this part appears to be aluminum or pot metal.Going to try and attach a picture. Thanks

·
Registered
205 Posts
Is that not a piece that comes off? Looking at this diagram, it looks like it is part 19. Hope it helps...

1994 Suzuki RF900R FOOTREST | Cheap Cycle Parts

Usually, these are made out of pot metal and can't be welded well enough to support the weight. However, with your bike being older, it may be a steel part that can be. You'd have to take it off and see.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that not a piece that comes off? Looking at this diagram, it looks like it is part 19. Hope it helps...

1994 Suzuki RF900R FOOTREST | Cheap Cycle Parts

Usually, these are made out of pot metal and can't be welded well enough to support the weight. However, with your bike being older, it may be a steel part that can be. You'd have to take it off and see.
You know what, You are right. Wow do I feel better. Was thinking I was going to have to buy a whole frame. The piece is pot metal. Thanks for the help!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts