Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Yes I actually DO ride;-)
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has nothing to do with bikes, but I just got back from vacation in Canada this past weekend. My sister & her husband took my dad's boat out on the lake Thursday, and came back with a bit of a problem. Apparently they weren't paying attention to where they were going and they hit rocks by a shoal.

The prop's all torn up; the rocks scraped the bottom of the boat and ripped off some of the rivets & bent the bottom (aluminum) frame of the boat down the center. He has a Bass Tracker ProAngler V16.

Anyone know where my Dad might be able to take it to get it fixed or at least get an estimate? Thanks!!

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
If it was fiber glass I could have fixed it at the shop. I will see if I know anyone that can do it. I have a lot of contacts in that area of fixing and painting. It will cost a pretty penny I would think though since I belive they are built structuraly from the bottom up. They will have to take a lot of stuff off.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
I asked around this morrning and every one said to talk to a boat dealer and see where they say to take it. None of them are sure how to fix a boat.

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Jeez! Try Valley Boat Works in Walnutport- 610-767-7556.

·
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dan'sR1 said:
Jeez! Try Valley Boat Works in Walnutport- 610-767-7556.
Thanks... Already did... they only do motors my Dad said. We called several different places today and nobody wants to touch it because it's aluminum not fiberglass. :rolleyes

·
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dennisred69 said:
I asked around this morrning and every one said to talk to a boat dealer and see where they say to take it. None of them are sure how to fix a boat.
That's funny. They don't fix them... they just work there. :bitchslap

P.S.-(I'm talking about the places we called today... not the people you know. Thanks for checking!)

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Yeah they were not really sure who to call either. Sorry I could not help any more.

·
WYPIWYG
497 Posts
Try the new Marine store they built near Cabelas in Hamburg. I can't think of the name of it. It is across from Cracker Barrel. They might be able to help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts