Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like i've said before im close to getting my first bike and i've gotten 2 offers on some bikes. One is a nice ninja 250 2003 with 5k miles the guy will sell for 1.5k. Dropped once and had fairing replaced a girl learned on it and decided she didnt want. Anyways i'll be going up to college in about 2 weeks and planned to commute from college to home (2 1/2 hours) on the bike half the time. Was just wondering how well a 250 would do at highway speeds?

·
Registered
691 Posts
It will do fine at highway speeds as long as you don't let the rpm's drop too much. I was actually riding my buddy's out on the highway this weekend.

·
Registered
308 Posts
a 250 will do fine at hwy speeds.

·
Female Butt Lover!!
3,640 Posts
Chinygyal rides a 250 and she has no problems with doing 80-90 on the highway...

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was also wondering, is it pretty loud? Like at 80 or even 90 the rpm's have to be fairly high, was just wondering if it is whining down the interstate.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
it'll do fine, but I agree with Mosedog.. it'll be scream'n! it'll really sound like a bumblebee then...

·
Female Butt Lover!!
3,640 Posts
arma said:
I was also wondering, is it pretty loud? Like at 80 or even 90 the rpm's have to be fairly high, was just wondering if it is whining down the interstate.

Just like JapBike says...it sounds like a bumble bee...I ride behind Chinygyal all the time and that is the sound that I hear most...

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
$1500 you'd better jump on that.......it'll go fast for that kinda $

yes, done 110w. my fat ass on board.......:lol

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for all the quick input guys, i'll keep ya posted if this deal goes down. Im fairly excited

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
HamG said:
Chinygyal rides a 250 and she has no problems with doing 80-90 on the highway...
That's right. It does do that speed plus more (on a few occasions). You'll also find that the Ninja 250 has one of the most comfortable seats & seating positions than the b***** sportbikes. There are several people on www.ninja250.net that have road cross country on their 250's. It also gives really great gas mileage (50mpg) & I feel is the perfect commuter.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
arma said:
It'll be screaming (it'll be turning high rpm), but it's by no means loud with stock exhaust. You can barely hear it whining over the wind noise at highway speeds. You have to keep it spinning at over 8 grand in 6th to cruise at a speed that won't incommodate traffic.
You don't want to keep it going at 80 or 90, as you'd be at 10 grand or so... Keep it at the speed limit if you're on the interstate. That's probably enough stress on the engine.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
alrighty sounds good thanks again guys

·
Invicible for 170M years
2,293 Posts
arma said:
alrighty sounds good thanks again guys
My woman can do 90 on hers for extended periods just fine. One thing to watch out for is the vibration through the handlebars. At 70mph they aren't too bad but up close to 80-90 they can get annoying. My GF never complains about it though. It's a fun bike. Really light, I can pick the thing up without any problems.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
I have done 120mph!! It's quite capable and yes it is a screamin' demon!!! But I kind of liked that on mine....soon she will be going to a new owner...<sniff> <sniff> Just rode her for the last time this past Wednesday....:( Funny how you get attached to a bike especially when it is your first!!

·
I am MOTARDED
3,089 Posts
for highway if you dont like the buzz try 1up on the front sprocket. leon from ninja250.net done a iron butt on it last year and made it in atleast the top 20 i think.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts