Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, I've seen alot of video of ppl out on everyday rides, with cams mounted on their bikes, not just on the tanks, but it looks like the lower farings..

Where can I get a few of these? What's the average cost? and how do I mount them? any good websites?

Thanks for the help...

·
Registered
731 Posts
not shure what you mean.
Do you mean to use a lipstick cam(pic) ? those you can stick where ever you want.
Those lipstick cams are how GR recordes his riding

If you just got a camcorder you can allways drill a mount or just use the places for the bumpers

The 2nd pics is how I do it :D

Attachments

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
I found a cam mounting website that had components to attach the cam to your rear peg bracket, etc. Even had mounts for your front fender. I'll try to find that link again. Been over a year since I visted.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know aobut he camcorder on the tank, but I dont wanna tape anything to it. I have a friend that I ride with that has mounted his some how, but havent asked how yet. Just thought someone whould know. Also the lipstick cams. I think I've seen um, but didn't know that they could be mounted with out having to drill into my bike.. THAT I dont wanna do....

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TheWraith said:
I found a cam mounting website that had components to attach the cam to your rear peg bracket, etc. Even had mounts for your front fender. I'll try to find that link again. Been over a year since I visted.

oh thank you so much, I would really appreciate it!! I would love to critique my own riding...

·
Registered
495 Posts
I think the best way would to be a wireless cam like those used in the Radio Controlled world. Some produce damn good pictures. I've seen camera sets on e-bay for as little as $20, but the better ones are more like $100. Just tape the camera where you want them, they run off a 9V battery. Then you stick a recorder or camera in a tank bag with the receiver attached. Seems a clean hassle-free way to me. I also saw a guy who removed the rubber boot on his mirror mount, made a cheap bracket to fit it, and mounted a camera to that.

·
Banned
1,003 Posts

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Wraith.......

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Flatout's helmetcamera looks good, too.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
super sweet guys , thanks!! Only reason I ask is becaus eon a great website, it was just everyday riders and I loved the way it looked. I saw it at www.dragaknee.com good stuff

·
Registered
731 Posts
the idea with the cam for RC cars planes etc sounds good. But I would never spend that much for a mount... HEY that tape technick (if applied correctly which I found out in years of meditation and concentration) works realy fine, the only problem is if you forgot to put a tape in or need to change it you'll have to take everything off :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts