Sport Bikes banner

Want to camp on June 25th at the mountains?

• YES!

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • NO!

Votes: 3 37.5%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Camping on June 25th in mountains? Also, Roll Call

Simple as that. USE the poll, and answer yes or no. If enough ppl want to camp, then we will.

edit: also a roll call. Post up if you're in.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Take A Vacation Day!

Well, since Kaz isn't camping, there will be someone to ride back same day if you don't want to camp (I assume you will still coming, right Kaz?), if we camp.

·
Registered
262 Posts
i wanna camp with you guys!!
can't ride...but i can be the trip photographer!!

and anyone who's skeered *ahem* up1night....can sleep in the van...lol

·
Crunnnnnnnnnnnnchy
3,067 Posts
I'm working ON the 25th....if something changes you guys will be the first to know ;)

·
Registered
262 Posts
gixxer27519 said:
I'm working ON the 25th....if something changes you guys will be the first to know ;)
don't u get sick days or sumptin?

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can't afford hotel (yes I'm that broke) only camping. I have to get a new rear sprocket before I go, so....

·
Registered
279 Posts
Alrighty then, since I'm getting clowned I'm going to showup and give it a shot. Count me in. Will do the camping thing. Will have to bring my "backup" though if you know what I mean :) . On a serious note, this sounds like it could be a really good trip. I hope we can work everything out and do the damn thing.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Bring the backup if ya need to...just don't freak out and think one of the guys pissin in the woods is a bear....

·
Registered
262 Posts
up1night2000 said:
Alrighty then, since I'm getting clowned I'm going to showup and give it a shot. Count me in. Will do the camping thing. Will have to bring my "backup" though if you know what I mean :) . On a serious note, this sounds like it could be a really good trip. I hope we can work everything out and do the damn thing.
you won't be the only one! bumpy rarely leaves home w/o his...

·
Registered
791 Posts
cant make it, i'll be in NYC. Then army chic is coming home for a week before she goes to iraq so i have to fill her up with some D to remember me by.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Alright... there' 9 campgrounds on the blue ridge parkway, but that's pretty much all the info I can find on it. I KNOW there's one on the parkway right around the Boone area (I've camped there about 7 or so years ago). Each and every website I go to says a different price for camping (they're all supposed to charge the same tho)....anywhere from $12 - $20 (whatever...no big deal on that little price) for a single campsite with 2 ppl. From previous experiences, there's usually room for atleast 2 tents. All parkway campgrounds have running water, and some sort of bathroom facility.

SOOO....unless someone can find one specifically, we will just have to ride up and find what we find to camp at.

·
Registered
288 Posts
TRaGiK said:
Alright... there' 9 campgrounds on the blue ridge parkway, but that's pretty much all the info I can find on it. I KNOW there's one on the parkway right around the Boone area (I've camped there about 7 or so years ago). Each and every website I go to says a different price for camping (they're all supposed to charge the same tho)....anywhere from $12 - $20 (whatever...no big deal on that little price) for a single campsite with 2 ppl. From previous experiences, there's usually room for atleast 2 tents. All parkway campgrounds have running water, and some sort of bathroom facility.

SOOO....unless someone can find one specifically, we will just have to ride up and find what we find to camp at.
Hey dude, whats up, sounds like you guyz had a blast on ur last trip...i met up with Sal the night you guyz went down, he's a cool dude

So yah, how fast were you guyz runnin down the mountain?? I think snookay was sayin 100+. ?? Was that constant or like for certain bursts. I thought the roads up there were really curvy and that you couldn't do speeds like that. Anyhow, i'm checkin my schedule to see if i can come or not. I'll update later. Peace.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There's a sign that says "express way ends". Going to the parkway from that point took us around 20 minutes....running roughly 10 over posted mph (runnning roughly 65ish)... On the way back down to that point, we didn't drop under 100. Took us around 10 min to get down. On this section, it's really long sweeping curves that could be handled at 130 with ease if you've got the nuts (some traffic, light as it may be...). On the parkway, you can still run pretty quick, just look out for Rangers. 221, well, no way you can do more than 60 in the easiest of curves (more like turns). Most of them you'll slow to well under 40.

Most of the ride was 10 over posted mph...with short bursts around 15 - 20 over in areas with little traffic, and walls on both sides of us so no way a cop could turn around and get us.

We only run as fast (on the highway/interstate) and the slowest person feels comfortable doing. In the twisties, everyone goes at their own pace. The person in the very back is never left out of sight of the person in front of them....the person in front of them is never left out of sight of the person...... etc etc etc.... When the group gets really spread out, person in front pulls over (followed by everyone else). We did very well keeping the group together this way except for ONE time (lack of communication).

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
TRaGiK said:
We only run as fast (on the highway/interstate) and the slowest person feels comfortable doing. In the twisties, everyone goes at their own pace. The person in the very back is never left out of sight of the person in front of them....the person in front of them is never left out of sight of the person...... etc etc etc.... When the group gets really spread out, person in front pulls over (followed by everyone else). We did very well keeping the group together this way except for ONE time (lack of communication).
That is excellent. Just perfect. I can't wait to get back into riding with you guys, I really miss you, I havent met you Tragik, but Kaz, Jay and the rest. Where has Fizzer been? I am healing up pretty rapidly, I might be in well enough shape to go on the camping trip. Hopefully by then I will have my gear, Parts411 has been backordered on fieldsheer suits, and they have not sent it to me now for almost a month.

On an off topic, here is a tip for you guys. Keep your weight down, and stay in shape. The less you weigh when you crash your bike, the less likely you are going to have broken bones lol. 200 pounds crashing down on your scapula will keep you out of riding for a good while.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts