Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my girlfriend are going June 18th-20th. Does anyone know of any campgrounds close by. I've camped at Abrams Creek with my parents when I was a kid, thats gonna be my first stop but they don't have a phone number or a website, so I'm worried that it might be full and I want to have a back up place. I know the gas station/resort has camping but I'm going to assume getting there on Saturday afternoon its going to be full.

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
I don't see too many people camping at the resort, to be honest. It's not like that's a busy weekend (more than normal), anyways. Maybe memorial weekend, but fathers day? Give them a call and see if you can reserve spots. Worth a shot. Otherwise, there are some small cabin-type places for like 35 a night... no running water in them, but electricity, and it's a roof. Then there's a bathhouse to shower in and whatnot. Over in townsend, I think. Maybe maryville. Can't remember where exactly. About 20 minutes from the dragon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips guys, I found the $34 cabins, they also have camping for $14 a night too, its called the Simple Life Campground and Cabins. The reason I was thinking some of the places might be full is this week/weekend is the R1/R6 convention but all bikes are welcome to participate in their events. I wasn't sure how many people would show up for that. And the SRT-4's are meeting out there sat and sun.

·
5,547 Posts
Try the Kickstand Lodge in Stecoah NC located on NC28 about 23 miles from where NC28 and US129 intersect at the cross roads of time. NC28 aka the Hellbender will wake you up in the morning, its one of my favorite roads in the area. I've camped at the KSL every year normally in May since 2006. The owner "Mo" is a personal friend of mine. The place is very layed back, not as stuffy as the Iron Horse where they charge you for the air you breath. Tent camping is $18 per night and $5 for each additional person staying in the same tent. Very clean bath house, washer/dryer etc etc etc. Here's the cool part. You have been out riding all day long. Your tired and hungry? Mo cooks dinner for all of her paying guests each night. It's all you can eat for a $10 donation. Never hand a bad meal there in all my years of staying there. We were just there in May of this year for a week long adventure. Rode six days in a row with no rain. Tell Mo you know Jay from Indiana from SBN.

Kickstand Lodge motorcycle campground

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts