Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is bike related so I figured general sportbikes would be the best place. I am very interested in getting some great riding footage of my rides through Italy (no they aren't gonna be very high speed, I am very tame rider on the street :twofinger )

So I need some info on what the best camera mount is to get and where to get it, and some sort of cheap but decent quality camera. I want to do real minor video editing, just so I can get the stuff up on the net, but all I have is a laptop (Gateway 2.4ghz P4 w/ 512mb ram). So what kind of products do I need to get in order to get the video onto my laptop? Can anyone reccomend a camera that's maybe a year or two old that I could get off of ebay for cheap, I want decent quality, but it doesn't have to be hollywood quality.

So my main problem seems to be my laptop, it's not like I can just add a video capture card to it can I? I don't want to buy a whole seperate computer just for this little bit of editing I'm gonna be doing.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
45 Posts
Not sure about the camera mount, but if you want to be able to put your movies in your computer your going to need a Mini DV(digital video) camcorder. The prices have droped over the past year or so (I picked up a Panasonic DV camcorder for about $400) As far as your computer goes you going to need to get a new video card, one with a firewire input. You can use USB to upload your video but it will be all choppy so definetly get the new video card(I think you can get one for about $100ish) But that will allow you to dump video straight from your camcorder to your harddrive then edit and upload to the net. Hope thats of some help. :leghump

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it's alot harder to just "get a new video card" for my laptop. It does have firewire built in though, so I'll just find a camera on ebay with a firewire output, anyone with reccomendations on brands/models?

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hummmm, actually looks like there are also cameras that will work with my USB 2.0 ports, which are faster than firewire! Cool stuff!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Get a bullet cam....than hook it to a DVR or a regualar videocamera with analog inputs. This will all run you between 300-500 dollers. If you get the DVR you can plug into your laptop by usb. With a videocamera you might need a tuner card.

·
Registered
954 Posts

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the links I'll consider those products!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts