Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone on here know how to convert the video from a video camera to any form of medium that I can view on my pc. .. . ? :dunno
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
video software

I use Sonic mydvd that come with my dvd burner. We have a panasonic cam corder that when I plug it into my computer and open the mydvd software with the camcorder on you can rip straight from the camcorder to a file on your computer. I usually rip it into mpeg2 format. We have several movies of our kids that I was scared to do at first until I seen how easy it was. The mydvd software takes over my camcorder and you can record or pause and fastfoward to only the parts you want,then edit as needed. You might also post what operating system you have too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YZF600_SILVER_CAT said:
I use Sonic mydvd that come with my dvd burner. We have a panasonic cam corder that when I plug it into my computer and open the mydvd software with the camcorder on you can rip straight from the camcorder to a file on your computer. I usually rip it into mpeg2 format. We have several movies of our kids that I was scared to do at first until I seen how easy it was. The mydvd software takes over my camcorder and you can record or pause and fastfoward to only the parts you want,then edit as needed. You might also post what operating system you have too.

Good info, I am running XP and I don't have a DVD burner (yet). Are there any others ways to get this done? I really just want to save to an AVI file and email to a few buddies. .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
297 Posts
hammerdown said:
Good info, I am running XP and I don't have a DVD burner (yet). Are there any others ways to get this done? I really just want to save to an AVI file and email to a few buddies. .
Hello friends
I know u have to get a firewire cable, much faster than a usb port.
U can get the whole setup at office max for around 40 bucks.
firewire card, cable, and editing software.
later
Michael Hansen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,927 Posts
I have a regular Sonycam that I connect to my PC. I had to buy a connector called the Dazzle DVC80. It has a USB plug on one end and the other is a connector with 4 ports. 1 S-video connector, R+L Audio Input and 1 Video in. You can either use the RCA jacks or an S Video cable to connect your camera. You can then use MGI Videowave 4 for the editing software which came with the DVC80.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kazlab67 said:
I have a regular Sonycam that I connect to my PC. I had to buy a connector called the Dazzle DVC80. It has a USB plug on one end and the other is a connector with 4 ports. 1 S-video connector, R+L Audio Input and 1 Video in. You can either use the RCA jacks or an S Video cable to connect your camera. You can then use MGI Videowave 4 for the editing software which came with the DVC80.
This is what I bought yesterday. I was able to edit the video, the only thing is at 320X240 a 10 second clip is 60megs. . .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,927 Posts
hammerdown said:
This is what I bought yesterday. I was able to edit the video, the only thing is at 320X240 a 10 second clip is 60megs. . .
Yeah I have the same issue. I found that if I save the file as a realvideo file, it is much smaller.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top