Sport Bikes banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen you lurking for the past couple days. Post up and tell us about yourself bro! :cheers

·
All red all the time...
3,489 Posts
thanks for the call out, tragik...yeah, i've been lurking for a while. Thought if I had nothing good to say, might as well say nothing at all. But since, Ive been called out, I'll introduce myself.
This past saturday, I just purchased a 2004 Kawasaki Ninja 250. Noob here to the bike world so I thought I'd start out small. Got my license permit this Tuesday, so I could practice on the bike (right now its literally just sitting there...). Purchased some gear and should arrive within a week. So I won't be going anywhere anytime soon. My MSF course won't be until Oct...so I've got a long wait. But if all goes well, I'd love to meet up with you guys sometimes. Seems like a fun bunch.
Btw, I live in Raleigh....34 yrs young....

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, feel free to meet up with us anytime man. A lot of the times, we just meet up somewhere and eat, and don't even ride anywhere. So, join us anytime.

Welcome to the board man. :cheers

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Suwanda, you are doing the right thing. I didn't ride my bike until I took the MSF course also. It was about a month's wait. Looks like you are starting out small, so that's another BIG plus for you, nothing wrong with starting out small. You'll be a pro in no time. Hopefully you'll ride with a couple of guys here, I dropped out of the scene because I wrecked and got hurt, and also I got screwed on some brake calipers so I am waiting for another pair to come in so I can finish fixing my bike.

·
All red all the time...
3,489 Posts
thanks for all the welcome...
bugeyed, hope you get your bike fixed soon.
One of the reasons I started small was because of a lot of guys like you giving very good and logical advice. When I first thought of getting a bike, I was gonna go for a 600. But after browsing and lurking thru forums like this, realized I was better off starting small. And to tell you the truth, when I looked at the 250...it was pretty big to me. I'm a small person in stature. So I'm happy with the bike and I think I'll probably stick with it for awhile.
Hope you guys still like riding in the cold, coz that's probably when I'll be riding... :lao

·
Registered
279 Posts
Welcome and safe riding. I love riding in the cold. It's a lot better than the heat to me. I can dress for the cold nothing you can do about that heat :)

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
I started out on the 500 for that very reason. I wanted to start small, but now after having my bike for a little while a b***** one is in the future. Nothing big prolly a 750 or something like that. I thought the same thing about the MSF course but I couldn't wait, and I am sure you will run into the same thing. I rode around my parking lot for like a week a couple hours at a time. Then got my permit and hit the back roads. The other night I went and tried to hang with the big dogs. Didn't quite hang but I kept my pace and met up with them at stop lights and things. You will realize pretty quickly that riding alone isn't that much fun.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I hear a lot of people say that they don't enjoy riding alone. I do like riding with groups but nothing better than throwing on some tones getting a tank full of gas and just hitting the road by myself. Nothing more relaxing. Riding some good back roads around a lake or something. Pull over, enjoy the view, take a smoke. Man, nothing like it. Plus I'm not worried about the group I'm riding with.

·
All red all the time...
3,489 Posts
true...there sometimes is a joy in going out alone. Actually one of the reasons I got a bike is because of my habbit of cruising around town wasting gas. With gas prices up and my car getting less than 18 mpg...it started getting expensive.
But riding in a group of bikes seems much more fun than cruising with a caravan of cars...hehe....

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
there are times I like to cruise by myself. City cruisin is more fun with a group though. The other night was my first group ride and I must say I was nervous at first. But settled in pretty quickly, even though I was a novice rider. They looked out for me which was cool of everybody. Riding then stoppin to get something to drink and shoot the sh!t was prolly the most fun of the ride.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
suwand28 said:
thanks for the call out, tragik...yeah, i've been lurking for a while. Thought if I had nothing good to say, might as well say nothing at all. But since, Ive been called out, I'll introduce myself.
This past saturday, I just purchased a 2004 Kawasaki Ninja 250. Noob here to the bike world so I thought I'd start out small. Got my license permit this Tuesday, so I could practice on the bike (right now its literally just sitting there...). Purchased some gear and should arrive within a week. So I won't be going anywhere anytime soon. My MSF course won't be until Oct...so I've got a long wait. But if all goes well, I'd love to meet up with you guys sometimes. Seems like a fun bunch.
Btw, I live in Raleigh....34 yrs young....
Congrats dude! Have fun

1 - 15 of 15 Posts