Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn... Was on a hill stopped at a stop sign, getting ready to turn right... Had my right foot on the break and started to give it some throttle. Managed to not give it enough and stall it... Bike started to roll back a little so I put my right foot on the ground. Then of course realized I did not have any break on I ent to use the front break... To late... Luckily I pretty much set the bike down.. Not even a scratch... Its amazing how much strength I had when I was picking up the bike... I feel like such an ass... Sorry, just felt the need to vent :(

Jim

·
Registered
75 Posts
It's amazing what you can lift when your adrenaline is pumping. Glad to hear there was no damage. I hope if or when I drop mine I can say the same.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Almost forgot, there was not a scratch but my rear brake bent a little... Easy enough to fix though... Hopefully the frame sliders will stop that if I ever do it again... The motovation sliders are ugly but they are big...

Jim

·
Registered
320 Posts
I did the same sort of thing in the parking lot at work the first day I had mine. Felt like an idiot. Fortunately, I was fine and the bike just got a few minor scratches. How did you pick your bike up? I used the technique where you put your back to the bike, grab the handlebar with one hand, the passenger grip with the other and then lift with your legs.

·
Registered
51 Posts
You really need to start thinking about going to gym if you need that kind of techniques to lift a reasonably lightweight bike...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hills and stopping on them take a little clutch with her in gear it kind of acts like a break too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts