Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I still have a lot of learning to do. I thought about not riding anymore but i just hate quiting something. This is just another learning speed bumb on my road to being a great rider. Cali was beautiful and the firefighter chicks were hot and the ER staff was really nice. Ben's family is tops great great folks. I went through a series of curves very nice and smooth but the one I crashed on was tight and not like others. When I noticed it was tight I made a squid mistake and braked in the turn. Don and Ben explained to me that if you do that the bike straightens out. At that point I was going toward a cliff, I targeted fixated on the cliff hit the dirt lost more control and decided to dump it rather than fly off a cliff into a burnt forest. Luckily the car I had just passed was a firefighter so response was super fast. I broke my tibula and fibula in my right leg. The ride back was hell for all of us in the cab of the pickup. I saw the doctor today. I'm going in for surgery tommorow night and their going to stick a rod in my leg. I probably should of known all the skills involved but i was having to much fun and lost sight of what I was doing. If any other newbies are reading this, remember to take it slow and ride your ride no matter how much fun your having are or how easy the road was, because you'll get caught off guard. Stay sharp and keep the rubber side down. Ben and Don can chime in on where they rode cause I was watching TV and drugged up. By the way, if anybody crashes while riding with these guys don't worry. They'll take care of you they are a couple of stand up guys. They also have a very gentle touch. Thanks again guys.

P.S. My wife is standing right here as I type this and she says I'm never going to ride again. I didn't bring my bike back to my house because my wife might do something extreme.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Only losers crash... :flamed

Jokein man.. It was a beautiful turn. And it was a beautiful firefighter. I am kickin myself for not meetin up with them at their hotel. That would have been fun to say the least.

And I think it is Ben with that gentle touch, you had better not be talking about me.. I got myself a rep to uphold.

The doc is givein you the rod? Damn, that sucks man. Although, it usually heals faster that way than the natural way. Which is kinda nice. But a little more expansive.

Next time, I think we need to go through more of an orientation with people we bring to cali with us. Make sure we beat how to ride out there into their heads. Because dealing with a downed rider when all you went out there to do is ride sucks. Make sure they know not to break in the middle of a turn no matter how hot they went in. And to trust their equipment in extreme's like that. Also SLOW DOWN, don't try and keep up. Most of the time, you gotta just let Ben go out on his own :) No point in even trying to keep up with that Joker. I will keep up if I am feeling really comfortable, and in the mood. But if I am just rideing, I like to take in scenery, and just enjoy the road (laugh /sarcasm)

- Ice_Hole

·
Registered
842 Posts
Yeha, when i heard about the ins thing i was like ooooohhhhh dayyyaammm you gotta have insurance! I know its a lesson to learn but were really thankful Chuck got that speed scrubbed off before falling. These roads out there can be a disaster if you let your guard down and not think two steps ahead. I think the turn had a slight decreasing radius and was not in the best of condition due to the current forest fires they have been having. I will be the first to say chucks skill at carving up las vegas stuff has been up to par in my book and i just think the excitement of the cali canyons got to him "kid in a candy store" style... I am really sorry about the outcome but i know we all take these risks when we put a leg over these machines. Im not saying its a gamble but just a calculated risk. Hopefully you heal up good and quick so we can do it again!! (no crashes this time)...

Gentle touch? not me holmes you got the wrong clown... :gay musthave been those pain killers!

so to recap i would say the trip was good at first but having a man down really sucked. I hate to see anyone in pain especially friends and chucks a good guy learning the right way but just got tossed this time... I would say he was ready but just took a chance that he wasnt ready for in that particular turn. He went through bouquet no problems and spunky canyon as well as san fran and that stuff is as technical as it gets... I would consider softer tires and more faith in the bike...dont get nervous and keep room available for calculating a decreasing radius!

If you need anything at all man you let me know (except that soft touch crap!) Leave that to wifey! We will probably have a bbq in honor of your leg or something sometime soon! :headbang

·
Registered
529 Posts
Also, I was lookin at your bike today. Not really bad at all. Should just need another set of blinkers for the front, and you are good to go. Maybe a few scratches, but a lot of thoes could probably be buffed out. Overall, the bike cleaned up well.

- Ice_Hole

·
Registered
529 Posts
Might be worth looking into.. At this point even a 2 for one would be helpful..

- Ice_Hole

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You all assume I'm letting him get back on the bike. J/K But he will be taking it easy for a little while.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Man that suck bro, the leg is bad but not being able to ride man. Riding is a fun sport but ama is a planed,studied,practiced and understood sport. If you are going to push the limits on the street at least ride the road more than once before you go at it.Sorry you had to learn the hard way man but it is the hardest hitting.Heal up good and fast and get on it again.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Get back on that horse Chuck. Everyone falls, just walk away with a good lesson learned. I'm glad you're okay.

Where did you fall? Did they take you on 23?

·
Registered
842 Posts
he was on pine canyon road which is down the way just past the firehouse in lake eliz.. its the street past lake eliz road we took to castaic. similar but doesnt open up to sweepers. pretty technical road... the 23 is much more technical and we will use that one very sparingly on visitors :)

·
Registered
529 Posts
freakinhungover said:
he was on pine canyon road which is down the way just past the firehouse in lake eliz.. its the street past lake eliz road we took to castaic. similar but doesnt open up to sweepers. pretty technical road... the 23 is much more technical and we will use that one very sparingly on visitors :)
I would have to agree, the 23 is not a road to take somone that isn't prepared for it. You gotta have your head on strait to ride that road, or maybe you don't want to have it screwed on strait, I dunno exactly. But by the end of it, I don't think anyone's head is strait. Or something like that. That road is just insane, and leaves no margin for error. Hello cliff, hello mountain side, Hello SUV in my lane tryin to run my ass over. Again, another road to not even try and follow Ben on :) I have followed him through it, but again, if I am not feelin it, I don't even attempt it. I just enjoy the view of the revines I am nimbly trying to not go down. Man that road is great...

- Ice_Hole

·
How about them Redskins?
2,418 Posts
Damn Chuck,
Glad your ok Dude. This will be a learning experience for ya, and will keep ya grounded in the future. Once you go down, you realize you could go down again, and you will take action to avoid that. Sorry to hear about your trouble.

·
Registered
918 Posts
freakinhungover said:
pretty technical road... the 23 is much more technical and we will use that one very sparingly on visitors :)
Everyone should experience 23 two up at least once.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Sorry to hear that Chuck. Like Evil said you gotta get back on that thing. Was the wifey more angry at the leg or the "soft touches" while you were drugged up! :spank

·
Registered
19 Posts
man oh man chuck. atleast u have that valuble (but sucky) experiece under your belt. you probably won't make that braking in the middle of a turn thing ever again. well hope you feel better.

jp

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
kviper said:
Sorry to hear that Chuck. Like Evil said you gotta get back on that thing. Was the wifey more angry at the leg or the "soft touches" while you were drugged up! :spank

I would say more upset about the hot fire chick and nurse he can't shut up about.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts