Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had hoped to do a proper write up of the trip I did this past summer with a break down of the distance per day and where I went. But I just haven't had the time as of yet to break it all down. So I have decided to just share the pictures for now and perhaps edit it at a later date. Be warned, there are a lot of pictures, so its going to be a little intensive to load. I hope they are not to large for the forum. I have shrunk them all down to use here. :boink

Here is most of the gear I took with me. Everything was stored in hard cases.

Just before leaving at 9 am on July 24, 07

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mmmmmm Dinner.

Day 2. This is what I got up to in the morning. I woke up several times during the night and kept putting on more and more clothes. It was suppose to be a warm 8C (46F) at the first night but it ended up freezing.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some local wildlife. I didn't get a picture of the bear that was in my campground when I pulled in. You see a lot of black bears in this area. Usually followed by a troop of tourists following very close behind

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope no one minds so many pictures of the FZ6 :)

This glacial lake was so blue.

Lake Louise

More wildlife.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Getting ready to get wet north outside Calgary.

Drumheller, AB

What you don't want to encounter while camping

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Day 2 and I already almost run out of Gas already. I decided to leave drumheller after dark and head east for a while. I took off on a brand new road that didn't have lines painted on it yet. It was not listed on my GPS. Having never traveled east of Calgary I had no idea how many bugs there were in the prairies at night! This is what my helmet looked like at the end of the day.

I called it a day at Tillebrook Provincial Park with a total of 748km for the day

Day 3 started on a bad note.

These little guys kept me company.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I considered trading my bike in for one of these.

I got a second puncture on the rear tire this day but it was easly patched like the first. Day 2 ended at Moosomin Sask. a total of 948km.

Hmm I seem to be making good time!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I don't remember the name of these falls. I will look them up in my GPS log later.

The Terry Fox memorial just outside Thunder bay.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Great Pics. Makes me think we need a Trip Report thread, that links to all the various Trip Reports, and is linked in the sticky'd "FZ6 Topics Worth Linking" thread. Anyone second this motion?
+1

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My first real view of one of the great lakes! Lake Superior.

It was good being in Ontario. I really missed the trees. Ontario gave me a chance to start rounding out the edges on my tires, as I had worn them flat crossing the prairies.

View from my camp site that nite. I dont remember the name of the place but it was east of Dryden Ontario.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good morning! Where to head to today!

I had to take a picture of this thing as I'm sure I spotted it in a Tim Hortons Commercial! :eek:nfloor

Mmmmm I'm catching alot of bugs!

30,000Km!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A light house on the western end of Manitoulin Island. It is the worlds largest fresh water island. To bad I didnt know about the Mounted Animal Nature Trail at the time (Arrogant Worms song)

One of many I was here pictures.

Ferry ride number one from Manitoulin Island to Tobermory. I just about missed the boat, But I think they heard me coming in as they were waiting for me.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Welcome to Niagara Falls! Boy was it ever HOT!

I took ALOT of panaramic shots over the entire trip. I will post them at the end.

I wouldn't have minded to go down there on this day.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This ship sits protected by a man made rock wall just off the QEW between St. Catharines and Toronto. No one I asked knew why it was there or what the story was. Any one care to fill me in?

That tower from the city that is the Center of the Universe. For us Canadians at least. It was hard to get here as the parking gates were all automated and refused to let my bike in. It would open when it detected a car and you took your ticket. But the system couldn't detect my bike. I ended up getting let in the back and getting free parking.

Looking down at Toronto. (I tend to do that a lot - Maybe to much)

I tried to break the glass. It was a no go.

Out on the streets of Toronto. Any one know what that building in my left mirror is? I have another picture of it as well.

1 - 20 of 174 Posts