Sport Bikes banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys and gals, we've rented MidAmerica on Sunday September 18 so that we can all have some fun together! This will be open track all day, no sessions! If you don't have a laptimer we can make AMB transponders available (for a small fee) so that you can get a print out of your laptimes. The concession stand will be open for lunch. We will have corner workers providing support.

Because this will be open track we will have to limit this to riders with track experience. If you want to ride with us but do not have track experience there is still plenty of time to go to a school up at MAM with MotoMania or TrackAddix etc...

Please Note: We can't put anyone on the list without payment. We can take your credit card over the phone if you can't get down to the shop. Any questions give us a call.

Cost is $120.00 for the day.

·
Greenlawn Racing dot com
217 Posts
Can I come? :cheers

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Yesssssss, I get my track bike this weekend, so I'm ready. You guys think you might ever do one at Hallett? I'm dying to go back there. Will it be rain or shine, cause if your gonna be there Spoony, I'm not so sure it's gonna be dry. :lao

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, we will REQUIRE that everyone safety wires their oil drain bolt, and oil filter. Due to this being a problem last time we have to watch out for the safety of our riders. If you have ANY questions on how to do this, PLEASE come by and we can get you going. You guys should be changing the oil before then so that would be a great time to get the drill out.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey I haven't ridden in the rain yet this year! And only once last year out of what..25 or so days on the track..

I would like to arrange one at Hallett-after doing an endurance race there I love that place!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a heads up, we are over half full now and there are a lot of people on here that I would love to have come out and ride.

-Nick

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
How many total bikes are you going to allow?

Is it still a no-session track day?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Spooner said:
About 50 or so.. Yes it will be a no session day.
Ok...

Any reason you guys are not going with a session format...Honestly there is going to be quite of bit of skill difference between riders there...

If memory servers last year at HPT, it began as a No-Session track Day, and around lunch you switched the format to a "Fast and Slow" Session Groups...

With MAM being such a HP Track, people are going to be going pretty fast...

IMO Safety is a conceren and I would personally like to see a two session format...

In addition to that, but always having a moving roadblock to get around, is going to take away from the fun of it....

I'll be there if the format gets changed... :cheers

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is a totally different setup than HPT. Also we had 60+ riders there as we got crazy overbooked. I think we had 20 or more first time track riders there, which is why we moved to a session format. Everyone coming to MAM has track experience which will alleviate a big part of our past problems. Also MAM is much more open and easy to pass at, and thus can accomodate many more riders in a safe manner. Also we must remember this is a trackday, not racer practice. Yes I want to get some fast laps in, but I am not going to put someone else at danger to get my thrills..thats what racing is for :D

-Spoon

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Spooner said:
This is a totally different setup than HPT. Also we had 60+ riders there as we got crazy overbooked. I think we had 20 or more first time track riders there, which is why we moved to a session format. Everyone coming to MAM has track experience which will alleviate a big part of our past problems. Also MAM is much more open and easy to pass at, and thus can accomodate many more riders in a safe manner. Also we must remember this is a trackday, not racer practice. Yes I want to get some fast laps in, but I am not going to put someone else at danger to get my thrills..thats what racing is for :D

-Spoon
While having prior track experiance is a requirement, it does not mean that a person still can't be dangerous on the track...

I think safety is a concern that needs to be addressed with this track day. Their are going to be alot of weedend street riders with leather out there ripping that track up. Who probably only goto the track 1-3 times a year.. With the amount of speed any rider can produce at MAM, it think it will be dangerous to have a no-session track day with such a broad wide range of riders...

Just the fact that most of these riders have probably never done a no-session track day before, they can easly wear themselves out if no one is to tell them to get off the track after 20 minutes...You know as well as I do how easy it is to say "one more lap"

Most people ride 20 minutes, and come in for 20-30 minutes to rest. I don't see how adding a structre to the track day will take away track time for anyone, and will add safety to the track day.....

Even if you have guys running slower than race pace, in the 43's and you have 25+ people running 50's all day, how much fun is that going to be when every corner you enter, you have a roadblock which can't hold a safe line so you can pass them, then they have 170HP to rip down the straight...

Again, these are just IMO's...

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
While having prior track experiance is a requirement, it does not mean that a person still can't be dangerous on the track...

I think safety is a concern that needs to be addressed with this track day. Their are going to be alot of weedend street riders with leather out there ripping that track up. Who probably only goto the track 1-3 times a year.. With the amount of speed any rider can produce at MAM, it think it will be dangerous to have a no-session track day with such a broad wide range of riders...

Just the fact that most of these riders have probably never done a no-session track day before, they can easly wear themselves out if no one is to tell them to get off the track after 20 minutes...You know as well as I do how easy it is to say "one more lap"

Most people ride 20 minutes, and come in for 20-30 minutes to rest. I don't see how adding a structre to the track day will take away track time for anyone, and will add safety to the track day.....

Even if you have guys running slower than race pace, in the 43's and you have 25+ people running 50's all day, how much fun is that going to be when every corner you enter, you have a roadblock which can't hold a safe line so you can pass them, then they have 170HP to rip down the straight...

Again, these are just IMO's...
Wow...didn't think this would be such a big deal! First, I think 98% of the people coming have done a trackaddix day or 10, so they know exactly how to handle an open format. Also, at an open day you are only talking about 20 or so guys on the track at one time in most instances. Also most of these guys are smart enough to ride lower horsepower bikes so they can hone their skills in the corners. We are expecting people to ride like ADULTS and not try to run over eachother in an attempt to have the fastest lap time.

I think this is pretty surprising coming from a guy that blew past me on the brakes going into turn one trying to catch me and ran off, but did it AGAIN (in the same race) trying to catch back up. If you ask me thats much more dangerous than most guys I see at trackdays.. Trying to ride over your ego can get you in a lot more trouble than having a bunch of good guys get together to hone their skills at a trackday in a safe, adult tempered manner.

-Spooner

·
Registered
2 Posts
Exactly Spoon. It's for FUN not racer practice! Hell, the season will be over then anyway... Just come out and enjoy riding with the local crowd. Most of which are faster than Simone thinks :bitchslap

·
Registered
93 Posts
extrakt0r said:
Their are going to be alot of weedend street riders with leather out there ripping that track up. Who probably only goto the track 1-3 times a year.. With the amount of speed any rider can produce at MAM, it think it will be dangerous to have a no-session track day with such a broad wide range of riders...
I must be the street riding guy your thinking of... :eek:nfloor

I honestly don't see an issue with the open format. I'm all for it. I won't have to schedule my time off the bike to make sure I don't miss a session because I decide to take a few photos or something too!

If I'm a road block then go around me. I can't be nearly as hard to pass as some one racing you. I've never had an issue with a rider that's slower than me in the curves. If a guy is a lot faster, which it sounds like you must be by the way you talk, then it's cake to go around them in most any turn.

If I do get hung up behind a slower group, then I get a chance to take a deep breath and take a little longer to plan my strategy on how I'm going to get by. It's a track day and not a big deal.

What's the difference between a slower rider and someone going out on their first lap or two to warm up tires, because you'll always have that at a track day regardless of skill levels.

I paid up today, I'm in!
I can't wait to get back to the track, it's been forever!
I've been hitting Brook Hollow and clover leafs to prepare!!!!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Spooner said:
Wow...didn't think this would be such a big deal! First, I think 98% of the people coming have done a trackaddix day or 10, so they know exactly how to handle an open format. Also, at an open day you are only talking about 20 or so guys on the track at one time in most instances. Also most of these guys are smart enough to ride lower horsepower bikes so they can hone their skills in the corners. We are expecting people to ride like ADULTS and not try to run over eachother in an attempt to have the fastest lap time.

I think this is pretty surprising coming from a guy that blew past me on the brakes going into turn one trying to catch me and ran off, but did it AGAIN (in the same race) trying to catch back up. If you ask me thats much more dangerous than most guys I see at trackdays.. Trying to ride over your ego can get you in a lot more trouble than having a bunch of good guys get together to hone their skills at a trackday in a safe, adult tempered manner.

-Spooner

You know all I was doing was offering up some ideas and concerns I had. If you want to go and get personal, we can, but that was not my intent. Yeah I ran off track, in a Race, and the second time was mechincal, but again I don't need to justify myself to you.

And you know what Spooner, if I were you I would be more embarassed that a 2 month old track rider is riding as fast and faster than someone with as many years of experiance as you. So maybe you are the one who needs to drop a nut and/or be an Adult. I don't need to be lectured by a boy who is porkin' a 18 year old about how to be an adult....

This is exactly why I won't do business with Cafe Racer or you...

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You were calling into question the riding ability of my friends and customers which is why I got upset-I agree, I shouldn't have gone there-but I did find it surprising that you were so worried because a good rider should be able to ride with other riders who know what they are doing without any harm done to either party.

As for laptimes, I would hope you could run as fast as me with a 4-5 second advantage on the straights you get every lap. You know I have tried to help you a lot with cornerspeed and have defended your riding abilities on this board. Yes you have laid down some decent laptimes, but you constantly putting it into the face of other riders is not a quality I admire nor respect.

I really am not sure how my (ex) girlfriend got into this, but her being 19 has little to do with her or my maturity, which you seem to be proving quite well.

-Nick

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Spooner said:
You were calling into question the riding ability of my friends and customers which is why I got upset-I agree, I shouldn't have gone there-but I did find it surprising that you were so worried because a good rider should be able to ride with other riders who know what they are doing without any harm done to either party.

As for laptimes, I would hope you could run as fast as me with a 4-5 second advantage on the straights you get every lap. You know I have tried to help you a lot with cornerspeed and have defended your riding abilities on this board. Yes you have laid down some decent laptimes, but you constantly putting it into the face of other riders is not a quality I admire nor respect.

I really am not sure how my (ex) girlfriend got into this, but her being 19 has little to do with her or my maturity, which you seem to be proving quite well.

-Nick

:rolleyes

Whatever, go watch my HPT video from the LP Track Day prior to CCS Races or the TrackAddix Day. The same people that were there are going to be at MAM parking it in the corners....

All you had to say was:

"At the current time this Track Day is going to be a no-session format. Thanks for the ideas and concerns but we are going to leave the format the same for right now. We may change it if we need to that day"

But since you don't have my business now, and more than likely never will, in your eyes pissing me off, really won't hurt anything...

:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
987 Posts
Open session can be a lot of fun just pick who you go out with or when you go out. It was pretty common for people to go in groups and space themselves out appropriatly. There are also tons of diffrent lines at MAM except for turn so as long as you are not going for lap times you can still have fun and go fast even if everyone is out at once.

The best thing about open track days is that you can pull off and get back on if someone is too all over the track to pass them safely or simply want to adjust something and you dont loose track time.

The very best thing about an open track day is sometimes you will get a completly open track and no one in the way inturrupting your flow..... there is nothing I enjoy more than that.

I dont plan on going though. I am sure it will fill up and there have to be a lot of people that would want my place. I am taking time off from that track though I will regret it if it gets bumpy again.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't need to be lectured by a boy who is porkin' a 18 year old about how to be an adult....
Mike...WAY out of line. Actually Mike, in a round about way you are doing business with Cafe Racer. I ordered your Brembo kit from them. (of which I still thank you for) But I just could not stand by and watch you trash someone who I consider a good friend (Spoon), let alone the shop/business (Cafe Racer) that is responsible for getting me into racing. There is a reason the VAST MAJORITY of race bikes from Kansas City are sporting their decals. They are good people that do a lot for the sport in our region, and strongly support Kansas City Racers.
I also want to go on record saying Spoon is a much better rider than you. (He's way to nice of a guy to boast about his abilities). He is on a 4 year old work truck (sorry spoon) and hanging with an 05 R1 with all the latest and greatest parts.
I really hope you learn a little about sportsmanship. -Snack

1 - 20 of 93 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.