Sport Bikes banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Sportbike Addict
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get set up with one of these 3 shortly...

I had Dish a few years back and didn't like the fact that when it rained hard, I would lose signal.

Cable seems unreasonably high. (at least around here)

I have no info on Direct TV.

What do you have and what are the pro/con's? (in your opinion)

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I have family friends that have direct tv. They hate it. They're always being nickle and dimed for complete bullshit. And the contracts are bogus IMO

·
Sportbike Addict
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
"Blah Blah Blah"
14,676 Posts
I've had direct since 01......dish was offering a new package deal this year and I thought I'd might check with them....then someone at work told me to tell Direct I was thinking of switching........... they then transfered me to another dept and they(Direct) offered me the same as dish....

up note:
in this area its a big deal....I get my networks with Direct(ABC/NBC/CBS/FOX)
if I went with dish.....the local networks would not be available thru them

my .2cents

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Dish and Direct are owned by the same people...they had to "merge" to survive...kinda like Sirius and XM.

I have had Direct TV for 5 years and my bill has been the same every month unless I do something that causes it to change. I got an offer this fall that because I was a long term "valued" customer, I got the NFL Ticket and all the movie channels for 10 bucks a month until March 20th.

I got Direct TV when I moved out into the woods because Cable wasn't available out here and had to get Wildblue for internet. I haven't had any problems with either.

·
Banned
7,982 Posts
I know with Comcast I haggle with them every 6 months to 12 months. I pay $72 a month for 8mbps Broadband, and Digital Cable that has the free on demand section. They tried to raise it a few months back again to $110 a month, I called them and told them to cancel the TV and I'll keep th Internet. After going around and around how I just wanted to cancel they said okay and kept me at my current rate. They also have a retention department, so ask for that...claim you got cut off/drop call while being transferred to them.

Before coming out to CO, in MI I got a 12 month deal (apparently here in CO they only do 6 month deals) for HDTV with DVR, and Broadband (which in MI they always gave you one speed 8mbps) for $70 a month.

Hell I remember out here in CO they wanted to charge me $100 for activation fee, I laughed at the gal and said nope I never have paid that in my life with Comcast back in MI. After a bunch of going around she said "fine, I'll take it off the bill". I'm not paying some BS fee.

Hell I lie to them, I tell them about the hard times and the baby on the way...and it is amazing what they will do and can do. Hell my father knows a person that called because she got divorced and Comcast halved her rate $38 for Broadband, Digital, and HBO forever...they did not even put in an expiration date...that was in FL. The ex-husband called Comcast and they told him good luck and if he wanted to cancel then they would cancel him...not sure what he told them but it goes to show they got the power to either lower the price or let you go.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Comcast cable. It works great, but is pricey. I've looked into Direct TV, but always get cold feet with installing 3 tv's etc.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Look into FTA, best of all worlds

You can't go wrong with Dish, their customer service is bar-none, whoever said DirectTV will nickel/dime you is correct, every chance they get it's an extra fee, at least DISH is consistent.

but seriously, FTA, you'll love it

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
I'm surprised in Fort Wayne they even have cable, or FIOS...LOL
We're a test market. We were one of the first cities in the country to have FiOS laid out through the whole city. Verizon paid for all of it - obviously not the hookup and service. Wife and I don't have the t.v. hookup, but the high speed internet is faster than anything I've ever seen before. Blows my old DSL away and even my friends with cable internet agree the FiOS kills it. My friends have the t.v. and it kills regular cable, even digital cable. GREAT picture.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts