Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok.. i have an 01 ninja zx6r... its got the california emissions.. (the emissions canister on the subframe)... i was wondering if there is a way to bypass this... i have heard that there is.. but cant remember where i saw it... if someone knows how to do it.. or has a vacume diagram from a non- cali emissions model they could email me.. i woudl appreciate it..

thanks.. my email is

[email protected]

·
Kawpuke Extraordinare!
1,148 Posts
I posted on KCSB but now that I see your post, what I posted isn't what you wanted. I'll probably delete it.

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
All that charcoal canister does is filter out fuel from the fuel tank when it evaporates while sitting still. You can disconnect it but it doesnt do anything to performance other than add a pound or so to your bike.

The real emissions is from the valve cover and it needs to have the block off plates or something to that effect. I could tell you how to do it without them but its a pain in the ass so just buy the MUZZY block off plates for it.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Isn't the 01' 6r carberated? If so, california bikes have different jettting than normal ones. Different timing too.

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
how about how to get rid of the two Catalysts on the bike.. one in the muffler, and one in the midpipe.. I dont have $700 for an exhaust system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts