Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$1500 for this 2004 Kawasaki ZX12R

Cant say I have ever found such a good deal...I have since sold my 14 for $6000 and well...cant beat this one.

Clean title as well.

Sure its street fightered out...but the main parts are there...the gauges..the lights. I aint complaining for $1500..Oh it came with a dynojet PC commander III...and Muzzy...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Looks mint! I kind of like the headlights. Looks like riddicks goggles. That front fender sticks out like a (green) thumb tho. Nice find

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Every time I see one of those I can't help but think of riding it at 200mph on a dirt road...

Reactions: Menso

·
Registered
124 Posts
Oh dear, not that movie again...

That's a whole lotta bike for the money, congrats!

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Do you ever quit buying bikes?

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you ever quit buying bikes?
Only after I stop living....

That's a score! Plans to return it to full-fairing? Or riding it as-is?

Great find!

-Christian
I dunno...I seen some nice streetfighters..and I was never too happy with the ZX12 fairing...but if I could get ZX10 fairing on there....ohhhh sexah!

Overall the bike is a beast. It seems rather "tough" compared to my smooth ZX14...The only real thing i'll miss from my 14 is the brakes...they were sweet and balanced.

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why did you sell the 14?
I buy and sell alot...but I sell while its hot. I sold it before the new ZX14 came out..if I waited then people would shoot for new over used. Even though mine had a full exhaust, PCIII etc...we never get what we pay for.

So I traded my 06 CBR1000RR for the ZX14...then sold it for $6000.

Life...its about experiences..lol.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You sound like me with watches. I would buy and sell luxury watches pretty quickly, figuring out what I like and don't like. I sold my last Rolex a few weeks ago, and I'm trying to stay out of that game and waste more money on a new motorcycle.

·
Super Moderator
4,659 Posts
Nothing wrong with buying one bike after another. I do my best to emulate Leno.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I currently have 5 bikes in my garage. It's great owning a twin, a triple (both Triumphs) a pair of inline 4s and a 6 banger. 3 of those bikes will be gone this summer as I've found i can live without them. The other 3, not so much. Well see what else i find. A Honda interceptor would be nice, I've never owned one, and a ZX9R is on my radar.
I've definitely learned that i can have a whole lot of happiness on a bike that doesn't cost much, like the street triple, i grabbed it for 5 grand. I doubt I'll ever buy new again, there are just too many great used bikes out there. So many bikes, so little time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts