Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My First SuperSport Bike

Hello everyone my name is santiago, im from colombia and i live in the capital city of colombia ( bogota).

recently i was thinking to buy a super sport bike but ive no idea about them :(
it would be nice some pro to help me with my first superbike :)
°what CC?
which brand ??
things like that

°I need the bike basically to move thru the city

if someone could help me with my first super bike and wich one to choose it will be amazing :)

thanks for the help and good luck :)

PD: ive practice motocross for 3-4 years , so i have got some skills.
Also i had the oportunity to ride a Ducati 1098 what a bike :!!!;)

thanks

my weight , 91 KG and height 1,8

Edited:

bikes avaliable in colombia

SUZUKI GSRX600, HONDA CBR600RR,YAMAHAR6,KAWAZAKI ZX6, TRIUMPH DAYTONA R Those are the possibilities

and ahow about a 1000cc ?? too much ??

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
weight and height don't matter.

honestly, for commuting, I'm not sure what is available in Colombia, but I'd recommend a 650cc or any other small displacement twin engine, it will be much more comfortable and much more practical for that than any supersport

·
Registered
971 Posts
Vespas are awesome.

Have you done much street riding, or is this your first street bike? Also, how long have you been driving?

If you don't have to have a superbike or if this is your first street bike, I'd suggest a Suzuki DL650 (or even a DL1000 if it's not too heavy for your preferences). I've got a DL1000 and it is a fantastic all around bike. Great gas mileage. A more upright riding position than a supersport, but it still handles well at speed and in corners. It also handles well on anything. Highways, city streets, parking lots, gravel roads, you name it, the bike is rock solid. I put a lockable top case on mine that can be released quickly and carried like a small suitcase/hardcase, and it is awesome for running errands, buying groceries, going on long trips, or carrying passengers (it provides a backrest for them).

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
There's a whole bunch of stickies here for a reason. Most if not all of your questions were/are answered there

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
First thing, go to a dealer or find friends WHO have the bikes you have listed and sit on every single one. I believe the suzuki is the most comfortable bit not by a large margin. The bikes are all pretty close performancewise in the regard that you will never even come close to utilizing the majority of what any of those bikes has to offer on the street.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts
Don't feed the troll!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts