Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buying Misc Screws/Bolts from Dealer a rip? I'm curious to know if it is 2x or more than it would be if I got it online? For example how much did the dealer charge you for a pan screw (or whatever screw)?

·
Capo di tuti Capi
287 Posts
It depends. Yes, you will pay more from the dealer and sales tax. No, if you order online along with other things. You won't pay sales tax (most times), just for shipping.

So......if you are only needing the screws I would say suck it up and pay the dealer gouging prices/sales tax. But, if you are order more stuff, I would go the online route.

Stone

·
Registered
501 Posts
for screws just go to the hardware store, will be much much cheaper than a dealer. they are going to be metric screws.

·
Banned
245 Posts
everything at the dealer is marked up.

i paid 2 dollars i think for an 0 ring. but its OEM :twofinger

I usually buy bolts from the dealer because i want to keep my bike as stock.

If your building a bike from parts, then i would look into someone selling parts from their project bike.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Just got two fairing bolts for my bike at the hardware store. 49 cents each. The dealer wanted over $3 a piece.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Heh, I needed 2 fairing bolts. I went to the dealer, and after tax and all the other BS.........I think the total was gonna be almost 19 dollars. I just kinda laughed and left. As soon as I got home, I made a post on here asking if anyone had a couple laying around that they didn't need. Needless to say, I had the stuff I needed the next day. Moral of the story............It never hurts to ask. There is usually always someone out there willing to lend a hand to a fellow biker.:headbang

1 - 8 of 8 Posts