Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to Canada for work for 2 weeks and when I get back I plan on buying a new bike. I've been riding a Ninja 250 for 1.5 years now and I'm sooo ready :banana I went to the stealership today to look at bikes and I liked the 636 the best. The salesman told me if you finance under $10,000 through kawasaki they don't make you buy full coverage insurance, which lets me get by paying about $3,000 a year less when I drop collision off the policy.

So the plan is in 2 weeks to go drop about 3-4 grand on a down payment and pay the rest off in a few months. Anyone with experience buying a new bike feel free to drop any comments that would help me out :)

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
That is an excellent choice. The 636 has all the agility of the 600's with a little extra grunt. As for insurance, I guess I feel lucky because I have a fully covered '05 R1 and only pay $229 a year, that's right- a YEAR!!!!!!!! Have fun, you will definitely enjoy the step up! The Suzuki GSX-R750 would also be another great choice and my recommendation if it matters.

·
Super Moderator
4,658 Posts
New bike smell is the best!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I would, and probably always will, buy a bike that is only a year or two old. It'll save you a couple g's doing it this way, unless you're anal about how it get's broken in.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I was looking for a used bike but where I live there's not much around. There's like 5000 harleys and one old yamaha seca II.. :\

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
the 636 is a nice looking bike, I usually get a bike that's a year or two old just to save myself some cash.

·
Registered
7 Posts
no way would I buy a bike without full coverage. my first bike got stolen, like a LOT of people in my town. who wants to keep paying off a bike that they dont have anymore?

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
You don't need full coverage for getting your bike stolen... just comprehensive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts