Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ugggh. I love my fiizzy, but one of the deciding factors between the fizzy and its two closest competitors (in my search) was the $39/mo financing. Now Honda's got $39/mo. I could have gotten the F4i.

(I can't talk to my wife about this because she's already warned me about coming back and saying I should have gotten a different bike!):rolleyes

Console me, and tell me why the Fizzy's better than the F4i.

And yes, I already know that blue is faster!

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
It's a whole different type of bike, if you bought an FZ6 wanting it to be an F4i there is no real consoling we can do. The only thing I can say is that you'll probably grow to enjoy things in the FZ6 that you wouldn't get with the CBR.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah. I have to keep reminding myself that the SS forward lean would eventually make me hate riding. (old computer guy + bass playing + motorcycling = unhappy wrists!)

Hmm ... convertibars and the R6 fork upgrade would give me the best of both worlds, wouldn't it?

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Here are some reasons why an FZ6 rather than a F4I.

1) Fuel injection
2) Undertail exhaust
3) Cast/no weld diamond frame
4) Cheaper by $2,000.00
5) Half-nakedness
6) Seating position
7) B***** fuel tank
8) No fuel cock to deal with
9) Center stand
10) Best selling mid-size bike in Europe
11) Like people in this forum, cool riders own the FZ6, so you're one of them now! :lao
12) No choke and waiting for engine warm-ups

You already own it and loved it until Honda offered the same finance rate???? WTF kinda reason is that to second guess your choice??? :bitchslap

Keep it up and I'll tell your wife!!!! :lao

Anyway, you can always sell the FZ6 easily and pay more to downgrade to the F4I at 3.9 financing.

Questions:
What don't you like about the FZ6?
Why do you like the F4I?

·
Registered
944 Posts
Besides, everybody and their brother has a honda. And I never got, "Huh, is that a ducati/bmw/what the heck is that anyway" on my vtr. :grinbounc

·
Registered
377 Posts
segue00 said:
Here are some reasons why an FZ6 rather than a F4I.

1) Fuel injection
F4I's are fuel injected.

And how long does it take to pay off a bike at $38 a month?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, mainly my post was a tongue in cheek conversation starter and poking fun at myself (and any other MC owner who doesn't feel like he can own only one ...)

Ramblings ...
And how long does it take to pay off a bike at $38 a month?
The $39/mo is just until I sell my jetta .. then I'll be paying it off way faster! I'm not gonna get stuck with 400 minimum payments at 12-18% interest rate!

1) Fuel injection
12) No choke and waiting for engine warm-ups
F4i. FI is why I wanted to upgrade from the Seca.

2) Undertail exhaust
5) Half-nakedness
Probably one of the sexiest looking bikes this side of MV Agusta!

4) Cheaper by $2,000.00
6) Seating position
The reasons I chose the FZ6 over the R6. My wrists can't handle the lean on the R6. The F4i is way more comfortablt than the R6, Zx-6r :drool, or even the SV650S.
11) Like people in this forum, cool riders own the FZ6, so you're one of them now!
Well, that settles it.

Seriously, I love Veronica a lot, but no bike is perfect. As a new rider, I'd never even realized that a non-adjustable front fork was such a big deal (or is it.) I've only been riding a few months, and it's easy to second guess myself, especially with so much cool iron rolling around nowadays.

I ride by guys on supersports and my heart gives a tug. However, if I had to lean on my wrists like that ALL the time, I'd quickly have to give up riding.

Lower the handlebars a smidge, fork mod and a partial lower fairing, and Veronica is both dressed to kill and more athletic than just about any F4i out there, so that's probably the plan.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Aahhh, the old $39/month at 3.9% deal. Sounds real good doesn't it? You do realize that is only for 12 months right? Let's say you buy a bike out the door for $8k. After that first year you will still owe $7,844!!! You haven't even paid off the sales tax yet! Now the 12 months is up your payments go up to $200/month and you are paying 16.9% interest! In the end you are paying $12,000 for that bike!!

That "deal" doesn't sound like such a great deal now does it?

I just want to make sure non of you fall into that financial trap. Only do these types of "deals" if you plan to pay off the bike within the first 12 months and just need a little time.

Oh, and... Sell your FZ6 for a F4i? Are you crazy?

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
At the dealership when I was purchasing my FZ6, they tried to get me to agree to a 72 month term @ 11% (?), with 6 months no payments and no interest. I told them no about 6 times, and I left there with the 24 month term @ 5.9% and happy I did so.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I like the all purpose aspect. It's comfortable for +400 mi/day, agile enough for commuting, and sporty enough for the twisties. At 4-7K, it's gentle as any learner bike, and at higher it kicks.

I still drool at Ducatis, 'Prillias, Guzzis, what have you, but I'm loyal to my FZ6.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
The non-adjustable fork really isn't a big deal. Getting good springs and damping for your weight and riding style is a big deal. If you can get the right springs, the right oil level and weight, and a decent cartridge setup in your forks, you'll notice a big difference in handling. External adjustability is nice, especially if you like to tweak things between street and track, but isn't essential.

·
Registered
419 Posts
AirForceTeacher said:
Seriously, I love Veronica a lot, but no bike is perfect.
You named your bike Veronica?! Does your wife know? This could be grounds for a divorce! :lol

----------------------------------------------------------

I hear you guys talking (imo: bitching) about $38/month or $39/month and 3.9 apr and all that crap. Look you guys got it sweet. Here in P.R. it has to be payed in full OTD! Cash, credit card, ATH, but no sweet 3.9 apr. The only bike that get financing or insurance here are the Harley's, all others get the really crapy state insurance. I saved my money and payed in cash the full amount (ouch!). Others just get raped by personal loans.

Dude, you have a great bike, and it's Blue no less! You've made a great buy.

·
Registered
320 Posts
FAZtER said:
Dude, you have a great bike, and it's Blue no less! You've made a great buy.
I have to totally agree here. This sounds like one of those "grass is greener on the other side" things.

AirForceTeacher, unless there are specific things you don't like about your FZ6, then I wouldn't worry about the F4i or for that matter, any other bike out there.

If your wrists hurt on the FZ6, slap on a set of the GenMar risers. I play bass, guitar and work with computers all day and understand how wrists can get sore on a bike. Those risers really helped!

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
Well, I no longer own my FZ6 anymore but I did get a chance to ride my friends 2001 F4i and I didn't like it. It seemed the FZ6 had a way better throttle response. I didn't go no more than 30 mph, riding on-base is a slow adventure, but just playing with the throttle gave me a bad taste. The RC51 on the other hand, yummy. Delicious! My wrist is getting stronger but I love the way it handles at higher speeds. The FZ6 wins hands down at regular commuting speeds.

edit: the FZ6 is good at high speeds as well, but once the suspension starts getting a workout, some stiffer springs would be very nice. That's only if you like getting low down, down low,...no doubt.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Hahaha! J/K. I considered the FZ6, but I decided to go with Honda just because I heard that they were one of the most reliable machines out there and they hold their value better than any other SS.

No biggie. Stay with the FZ. Its got a very strong following and looks pretty nice looking being half naked, but that's just IMO.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
FAZtER said:
You named your bike Veronica?! Does your wife know? This could be grounds for a divorce! :lol
The Jetta's name is Betty ...

And the 3.9%/$39.00 was just so I could get the bike now instead of waiting til next year. (yeah I know, delayed gratification is still gratification, but not when you've got ADD!) I'm getting a fat pay raise in January and paying off the Jetta the following May, so my payments will go way up fo my own accord very soon!

Going out for an unplanned spin right now. Seems I've got to go run an errand for my wife!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
fraggle1 said:
The non-adjustable fork really isn't a big deal. Getting good springs and damping for your weight and riding style is a big deal. If you can get the right springs, the right oil level and weight, and a decent cartridge setup in your forks, you'll notice a big difference in handling. External adjustability is nice, especially if you like to tweak things between street and track, but isn't essential.
Thanks. This was concerning me, but I'll try this before any major surgery like a fork replacement.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
mikem317 said:
Hahaha! J/K. I considered the FZ6, but I decided to go with Honda just because I heard that they were one of the most reliable machines out there and they hold their value better than any other SS.

No biggie. Stay with the FZ. Its got a very strong following and looks pretty nice looking being half naked, but that's just IMO.
I've talked to a few people about this, and we came to the same general conclusion:

Honda is at the top of the class, with Yamaha running a CLOSE 2nd. The price for most Yamahas puts them ahead of Honda at times. Honda does have great reliability, but so does Yamaha.

Kawasaki runs 3rd, and Suzuki 4th (as far as the Japanese bikes go).

Bare in mind, these were out observations based on past experiences. YRMV.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hey AFT, have you ridden an F4i or just sat on one? When I sat on that bike ('04 - banana seat) I thought I was in heaven. But when I got a 30-min test ride, I found it too much on my hands/wrists (I have same issues as you)... I'm also tall and didn't like feeling like I was perched over the front wheel. I'm not going to lie to you.. I think the F4i is a fantastic bike. But it isn't all things to all people, no bike really is.

I got my FZ6 two days ago - comfort and lower insurance were the main factors that swayed me, vs the F4i and YZF600R. The FZ6 is not a bad looking bike either.. ;)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts