Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I've ridden is a gsxr 600 for 2 years till I highsided it at the track. I had to sell it so I would focus on school. Well my buddy is selling his enrion edition for $3500. Its got some cosmetic damage from going all the way over on a stoppie. I can live with taht if its not to bad. What should I think about when getting into a larger bike. I mean what upgrades. I don't care about how it looks. A scott steering stabilizer, what gearing, etc...

Does a 929 even power up in 2nd with just throttle alone? Not that it matter I bounced my -1 6 up in 4th :) Just let me know what to expect difference wise between the gsxr 6 and the 929 before I ride it and wonder if its in good enough shape to buy. thx again.

·
Registered
126 Posts
One word : torque. On a 600, there is no power under almost 9000 rpm. Expect the 929 to pull hard from 5000 rpm. It will come up on gas alone in 2nd gear (rev it to around 8000 and yank the throttle)

Just be careful and enjoy :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya I was wondering that too. I did that a few times and it didn't lift. but nothing happens the first time (except 1st gear)

It needs a new map, throttle adjustment, tuned, and put together correctly. Then i'm sure I can give her a nice long hard beating (rubber side down) where I can get a good feel for her.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts