Sport Bikes banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
1,153 Posts
timd99 said:
So your saying we shouldnt compare him to anyone else? Are you high?

In other words, you just want to bitch, but offer no solutions to the problems with Bushies failures at foreign policy? And you know I dont care? Impressively incorrect.
No, I am not high. :rolleyes And no, we shouldn't compare him to anyone else. Why should we? "Anyone else" hasn't been president for 5 YEARS. Solutions? Why? A) I'm not president, and B) any solution, other than wht the moron in charge thinks is good for us, will fall on deaf ears here, anyway. You know, cuz im an "uhmericuh-hatin-com-u-nist". :rolleyes

·
Registered
168 Posts
jim schmidt said:
Its the increasingly common refrain "He's no worse than the other guy!" You have to admit its a step in the right direction from "He's the greatest president of all time!"
Elephants do not forget. I remember the USS Cole. I remember the US Embassies in Africa. I remember the Al Shifa Chemical Plant in Sudan that was making EMPTA under contract for Iraq.

I thank President Clinton for wiping that plant out because had Iraq been delivered its orders of EMPTA, we would have been facing an enemy with binary VX weapons. If you don't know, that is a persistent nerve agent, some 10-100 times more powerful than Sarin or Tabun.

·
Registered
168 Posts
jim schmidt said:
Actually, the UN inspection teams destryed tons of bad stuff. It has become clear that they got it all. And it is now not even in debate that the inspections worked and they were right. The same can be said about the containment policy. It worked much better than the invasion.

It was a mistake of monumental proportions to make them leave and start a shooting war.
UNSCOM had been ABSENT since October 1998! UNMOVIC could not possibly restart where UNSCOM had left off. First of all, Iraq had been contracting with Al Shifa Chemical Plant in Sudan for manufacture of EMPTA, a chemical that has only one use, that being binary VX. Iraq had been stymied in G agents given their poor shelf life. Storage was a concern and binary VX was the answer. Thankfully, Clinton destroyed that plant.

The remaining prohibited items were evacuated to Syria weeks before the second war (actually resumption of GWI). This is FACT from an eye witness in the Iraq Air Force

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
eye speed said:
No, I am not high. :rolleyes And no, we shouldn't compare him to anyone else. Why should we? "Anyone else" hasn't been president for 5 YEARS. Solutions? Why? A) I'm not president, and B) any solution, other than wht the moron in charge thinks is good for us, will fall on deaf ears here, anyway. You know, cuz im an "uhmericuh-hatin-com-u-nist". :rolleyes
who called you an "uhmericuh-hatin-com-u-nist"? Only you, so far. The more you attack and presume anyone who doesnt agree with you is far right, the more you look like an extremist left.

Id suggest things you could do to help your cause, but you seem to have a defeatist attitude. Best of luck.

·
Banned
1,153 Posts
timd99 said:
who called you an "uhmericuh-hatin-com-u-nist"? Only you, so far. The more you attack and presume anyone who doesnt agree with you is far right, the more you look like an extremist left.

Id suggest things you could do to help your cause, but you seem to have a defeatist attitude. Best of luck.
You were here the last time this board had a politics section, right? :)

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Keith_J said:
12 YEARS! It was HIGH time someone came along to put "teeth" into the UN regulations because the UN was UNable to do anything but illegally profit from the misery of the people of Iraq.
Seriously??????

Is that what you think has happened, putting teeth into UN resolutions?

·
Registered
168 Posts
jim schmidt said:
You'd have to be dumber than a rock to believe this.
You obiviously do not have the necessary security clearance level to know these things. All news the media presents is obsolete for intelligence purposes.

Now if you are the defense for Hussein et al, you MIGHT have access but that is a long shot.

Just for your information, Al Shifa Chemical Plant had great expense in tooling for EMPTA production and had sent out feelers to terror organizations, including Al Queda.

But this all falls on deaf ears. Until you realize why President Clinton attacked Al Shifa. Had it just been an Iraq effect, cover would have been blown. No, this was a response to the African Embassy bombings which had the fingerprints of Al Queda all over. And it was no secret Al Queda had also funded EMPTA production.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Jim didn't want to be confused with the facts, prefering to assume all that needs to know is bundled in a neat package with a succinct outcome.

I presented the facts behind the Al Shifa incident which happened under Clinton's second term. This incident was lambasted by both sides, the Republicans as a "wag the dog" act and the Democrats as an illegal attack. Both were dead wrong.

The linkage between Al Shifa, Iraq and Al Queda is well-documented. And damn scary. Unfortunately, all that could be done at the time was a conventional cruise missle attack.

·
Banned
1,153 Posts
Wow. You didn't get it, did you? :lao Maybe you should actually read my sig. :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
eye speed said:
Wow. You didn't get it, did you? :lao Maybe you should actually read my sig. :)
I didn't miss a thing. I presented facts, you and others ignore these facts because they do not fit your erronous conclusion.

You are smug in your NYT distillation of news, where everything that fits(their story), prints. Like the work of Jayson Blair. There is a fine journalist :rolleyes . All news is obsolete intelligence. Care to dispute this fact? Do you actually think the public or even Congress is allowed unfettered access to all levels of intelligence? FYI, all top secret documents from WWII have not been released. The current conflict is still a work in progress and you can bet when all is said and done, vindication will be on the side of the President.

I know where you stand, you need not explain your ignorance with silly signature lines.

·
Registered
173 Posts
It's as if the president gets up every morning and thinks, "Hey, I think I'll invade Iraq just for the hell of it".

No one here has ANY positive idea as to what has actually gone down the past few years. Kieth J is exactly right. There are still classified WWII files. If Bush isn't doing this(the war in Iraq) for what he says he is, then why exactly is he doing it?? Can we atleast have some answers on the opposing side with facts to back them up? All you guys say is that terrorism had no connection with Iraq. Well, it's easy enough to say(even though there are links to show it as Kieth J has pointed out), but then why did we invade?? What's the conspiracy? What about the 14 UN resolutions that weren't enforced until we went in? What about the inspectors that were bullied with "minders" while they were doing inspections? What about when inspectors weren't even allowed into Iraq recently before the war? What about the fact that Clinton said the exact same thing that Bush has been saying about Iraq? Democratic leaders agreed whole heartedly when he was in office. Clinton warned about Iraq long ago.

·
Banned
1,153 Posts
Keith_J said:
I didn't miss a thing. I presented facts, you and others ignore these facts because they do not fit your erronous conclusion.

You are smug in your NYT distillation of news, where everything that fits(their story), prints. Like the work of Jayson Blair. There is a fine journalist :rolleyes . All news is obsolete intelligence. Care to dispute this fact? Do you actually think the public or even Congress is allowed unfettered access to all levels of intelligence? FYI, all top secret documents from WWII have not been released. The current conflict is still a work in progress and you can bet when all is said and done, vindication will be on the side of the President.

I know where you stand, you need not explain your ignorance with silly signature lines.
Wow. There's so many hopes, generalizations, and outright bullshit in this post it's amazing. I son't read the NYT, idiot. Jayson BLair? Bwahahahaaaaaa. Agreed on that one. Then again, from your rediculous posts, you think seam hannity is a "fine journalist". (don't you love the generalizations?) :rolleyes The last part about congress pretty much goes along with everything that's been said about iraq. They and the american people were duped. More later for ya, 007. :lao

21 - 40 of 41 Posts