Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First race was 40-140 mph roll on. 2k1 f4i vs my 1998 gsxr 750. I let him do the honks and get the jump. I rolled on the throttle while he clutched and dumped it. He pulled a bike and a half on me on the get go, but I caught him by around 90 and passed him. He said he got off it at 130 or 140 and said i was slowly pulling bikes on him. The faster we went the worse it got.

2nd race me vs the f4i again. Same 40-140 roll on in second. This time I let him start 1 bike in front and get the jump. He clutched and dumped and pulled about another bike on me. So he is 2 bikes ahead. By about 100 I pass him, and by 130-140 he said I had about 3 bikes and slowly pulling away.

3rd race. 40- terminal velocity. I started in first while he was in second just to screw with him. He got the jump and dumped again but it didn't matter. He said I pulled buses on him and got out of it by 80. I stayed in it until about 1k shy of the limiter in 6. Kinda hit a wall and was sucking way to much road so I got off it. This was just going to be a high speed run anyway for me but he wanted to tag along just for giggles.

4th race. Me vs busa. 30-130 mph first gear roll on. We both hit it at roughly the same time I might have been a bit quicker on the draw. I put a couple of bikes on him while he dealt with traction and wheelies. I held him off to 3rd gear and thought he might have got out of it. But as I am ready to shift to fourth he catches me and pulls one bike. When I shift to fourth (him still in 3rd) he pulls me like crazy. He went past me a good 10 mph faster and after I shifted to fourth I got out of it. In a few seconds he put about 5 bikes on me.

Race 5. Same result as race 4. Exactly the same.

All in all it was alot of fun. I provoked all the races and these guys are riding buddies of mine so we all talked lots of shit. Before and after. Results aren't unexpected just looking to have fun mainly. All races were in no traffic, no houses, no driveways, no intersection areas of deserted county roads. So don't go flaming me for being a risky squid. :flipa

Additional info: f4i was stock except for erion slip on and he weighs about 35 pounds less then me.

Busa was stock except for full yosh exaust (untuned). He has some weight on me as well (both bike and rider).

Me, full yosh (untuned), +2 rear sprocket, k&n, and painted windshield which prevents me from a full tuck.

The End :headbang

·
Registered
646 Posts
Interesting...wish you had video tho.
Careful out there no matter what man.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Awsome, yea a video would have been awsome, be careful and have fun

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hmmm, video, yes I think that can be arranged.:grinbounc

Max- sure there is. It means everything on the bike is stock except for (list). It makes things clear to everyone that if it is not mentioned as a mod then it was stock. :)

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
LOL excactly. the busa dude must suck at riding or was sandbaggin it. no way a 6 year old gixxer would be anywhere close.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yup he was racing. Wheelie, rev limiter and all. No Traction + wheelies = slow bike for 1 and 2nd. I dont have to worry about those two problems hence the big jump. He ran me down with authority once he got settled down though in third. No real surprise there. :flipa

He was even surprised at how hard my bike ran. But still wasn't much of a match. :cry

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
dont shit yerself....gix 7's are faster n shit if ridden properly. Thing is there hard to ride. They dont make any real juice till 10,000+ and keepin the beast on the boil is for the execptionaly brave/extrodinarly skilled Rossi types.....

In the years I been on bikes one has always impressed me and one of these daus I will get one. I'm speaking about the Honda F series. Probably the best all around street bike do it all well bike ever nade...

·
Registered
503 Posts
Good races. I have yet to race another bike save for at the track.

One race I had on the street was against a Porsche 911 twin turbo, AWD. No cars whatsoever, middle of nowhere, from a roll. I let him get out on me, then I passed him like he was standing still. I let off at about 90, no need to go any faster than that really.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
twin turbo porsche's are 12.x sec cars, i doubt an old zx11 would pass it like it was nothing. im not doubting you won, but i dont think you could let him get ahead and reel him in that easy.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Krazy Hawaiian said:
dont shit yerself....gix 7's are faster n shit if ridden properly. Thing is there hard to ride. They dont make any real juice till 10,000+ and keepin the beast on the boil is for the execptionaly brave/extrodinarly skilled Rossi types.....
What's so hard about pinning the throttle to the stop and shifting at redline?

·
Registered
503 Posts
snigg said:
twin turbo porsche's are 12.x sec cars, i doubt an old zx11 would pass it like it was nothing. im not doubting you won, but i dont think you could let him get ahead and reel him in that easy.
Nah it was a newer model, pretty quick. I met up with the guy later when I was at a locan sandwich shop and it turns out he owns some chinese restaurant, has a big brake kit on the car and a few other goodies, but no real power enhancing parts.

It was like a 40 roll, I was in a high gear, once he hit it I didn't downshift but just rapped the throttle open, bike bogged a little bit but as it hit 6k I instantly made up the 1.5 car lengths he had put on me. The ZX11 has some major torque for an old bike, back in its day it was also the top speed king.

With 135 hp at the flywheel, I don't think the win is that debatable :nerd I ran an [email protected] stock, and I raced the Porsche when I was stock. I think that the fact that he was AWD actually hurt him from a roll. Had it been from a dig, he would have taken me out of the hole, but I would probably pass him pretty quickly afterwards....

·
Registered
706 Posts
I am no car facts nut or anything so I won't make any statements. But, I would like to see what would happen over, say, 110. I wonder if the Porsche would make up ground in the top end? Anyone know?

p.s. Be safe, man.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Bad Habit said:
I am no car facts nut or anything so I won't make any statements. But, I would like to see what would happen over, say, 110. I wonder if the Porsche would make up ground in the top end? Anyone know?

p.s. Be safe, man.
I would argue that a 911 Turbo has what it takes to run away from a 600 or perhaps an older 750... but I don't think it has quite enough to run down a ZX-11. I don't think the 11 is pulling away in a hurry, but I also don't think there is any point where the Porsche is really going to have any sort of advantage.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Bad Habit said:

p.s. Be safe, man.
If the car has the power to do it, its aerodynamics are superior to a bikes. So, say a 160+ MPH race, maybe 140+ race, the car would probably begin to pull away. I don't have the urge to go over 140 though, let alone START the race there haha.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts