Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran into a gut at a stop light on a 2002 busa and he changed the dual exhaust to a single. (He said 4 into 1) What is the reason for this? :)

·
Registered
646 Posts
LESS WEIGHT! not sure about the torque curve. Not questioning what IG said. I just dont know.

HAHA, btw I thought this was a crash story! "I ran into a guy at a stop light on a 2002 busa..."

·
Registered
109 Posts
More sound and significant power gains depending on the system. Less weight as the stock system weighs close to 30 pounds. I think they are cooler with duals but that's just me.

·
Registered
994 Posts
If done right the 4-1 exhaust can be tuned to give great power. They usually take power from the bottom end and stack it up top. It weights less too.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Flash6R said:
LESS WEIGHT! not sure about the torque curve. Not questioning what IG said. I just dont know.

HAHA, btw I thought this was a crash story! "I ran into a guy at a stop light on a 2002 busa..."
i thought the same thing

·
Registered
206 Posts
I like 2:2 systems better than the 2:1 systems :D

As for weight... Yea its a little less... Stock RC is over #30, my Ti midpipes and cans are like #13 for both

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thx everyone. :headbang I figured it would give more power. I didn't think about the weight difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts