Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just heard about this from SoxxxerMS. Anyone who rides in the Jackson area probably knows Busa Joe. Busa Joe met us at Pelahatchie and rode on with the gang up to Philadelphia. Brad and I headed back towards Jackson and didn't make the Philadelphia run. Apparently Busa Joe was tail end Charlie on the way back and wrecked very bad.

Wreck was apparently somewhere on Hwy21 between Philadelphia and Forest. Somebody (don't know who) called it in. EMT's picked him up. They took him to a regional hospital and the doctors there requested he be airlifted to University Medical Center in Jackson.

We have heard reports that he has head trauma among other injuries and is in pretty bad shape (hence the critical condition.)

The word is that it was a head on or semi-head on collision. ( I have been unable to confirm this.)

I will update this as I get information. Please keep Busa Joe and his family in your thoughts. We all know this could be any one of us.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
I'm not from the area, nor do I know him, but let him (if he's awake) or his family know that we are all sending him our best wishes!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Latest update.

All I've learned is courtesy of SoxxxerMS via SouthernFZ6.

Busa Joe has been stabilized, but is still in critical condition.

There WAS another vehicle involved. It was a car. I haven't heard anything about who was at fault, but at this point it doesn't really matter. We just want Busa Joe to be alright.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
my thoughts are riding with him in his time of need.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Latest news from SoxxerMS (he's at the hospital) regarding Busa Joe's condition...

Broken leg, broken arm, both hips broken. Lacerations on face with swelling. He is going into surgery to have repair done on an artery that is bleeding internally (possibly in his neck).

The good news:
NO HEAD TRAUMA! I'm guessing that was suspected earlier due to lacerations, swelling (due to lacerations), and helmet condition.

No news on any other injuries, so at this point we'll say no new is good news regarding anything else.

Reports at this point are that he broadsided a car. No idea who may have been at fault

·
Registered
286 Posts
I just heard about this from SoxxxerMS. Anyone who rides in the Jackson area probably knows Busa Joe.
Most everybody in the Jackson area knows or has at least heard of Busa Joe. I have met him on several occassions during my brief time as a street rider. He is always very nice. I actually spoke with him and shook his hand today at Pelahatchie before he left heading to Philly on 21 with larger group. As Matt mentioned in previous post this could easily be any of us on any given ride. Please keep Busa Joe, his family, and friends in your prayers.

·
Florida Flat
1,779 Posts
So I was riding back from Daytona 500 at 10:00 tonight. I had the gut feeling out of now where some bad happen. Scaried the crap out of me. Now I read this thread.
Best wishes and to a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Anyone who rides in the Jackson area probably knows Busa Joe. He hasn't registered here yet. I just heard about this from Kris (SoxxxerMS). Busa Joe met us at Pelahatchie and rode on with the gang up to Philadelphia. Brad and I headed back towards Jackson and didn't make the Philadelphia run. Apparently Busa Joe was tail end Charlie on the way back and wrecked very bad.

Word from Kris is that the AirCare Chopper picked him up and airlifted him to University Medical Center in Jackson where he is listed in critical condition. I have no specifics yet. I don't know anything about how the wreck went down, his injuries, or a prognosis as of yet.

I will update this as I get information. Please keep Busa Joe and his family in your thoughts. We all know this could be any one of us.

Wreck was apparently somewhere on Hwy21 between Philadelphia and Forest. Somebody (don't know who) called it in. EMT's picked him up. They took him to a regional hospital and the doctors there requested he be airlifted to University Medical Center in Jackson.

We have heard reports that he has head trauma among other injuries and is in pretty bad shape (hence the critical condition.)

The word is that it was a head on or semi-head on collision. ( I have been unable to confirm this.)

From everything I've been told up to now, no other riders were on the scene either at the time, or afterwards. He was part of the group that rode to Philadelphia and back. This REALLY drives home that we need a solid plan with good communication and known checkpoints when we ride. As far as I know NOBODY knew about this until a nurse called one of the other riders after they were back in Jackson. (If I'm wrong, please excuse the rant.)

Latest news from SoxxerMS (he's at the hospital) regarding Busa Joe's condition...

Broken leg, broken arm, both hips broken. Lacerations on face with swelling. He is going into surgery to have repair done on an artery that is bleeding internally (possibly in his neck).

The good news:
NO HEAD TRAUMA! I'm guessing that was suspected earlier due to lacerations, swelling (due to lacerations), and helmet condition.

No news on any other injuries, so at this point we'll say no new is good news regarding anything else.

Reports at this point are that he broadsided a car. No idea who may have been at fault.

updates this am,
busa is stable, he will have to have wrist surgery, has broken arm, broken leg, both hip bones broken, they had problems with his blood pressure last night and it almost didnt make it.
but about 330a he was stable again. so far this am he is better, still in icu at umc on state st.
they have contacted his family, work, and insurance, they are also working on information on the ppl in the car that was hit.

we currently did confirm a car pulled out in front of busa, but where on 21 we are still not sure, his mother is working today on police reports

as of this am busa is still in icu and not in a room.

they are due to work on neck and back x-rays today. so i will keep everyone posted.

WE REQUEST PRAYERS FOR BUSA.

THEY ARE SETTING UP TODAY OR TOMORROW A FUND IN HIS NAME AT BANK PLUS. SO ANY MEDICAL DONATIONS WOULD BE GREAT.

I HAVE POSTED THIS ON MYSPACE AND WILL BE UPDATING THAT SITE TONIGHT AS I KNOW MORE DURING THE DAY.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
thanks everyone posting he needs it. as of now he is stable and they are just going to monitor him today and maybe tonight or tomorrow they will try xrays on his back, and neck and work on surgery to his wrist.

busa joe is ( joe frede )

alll updates i have at this time.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
about 30mins busa's heart stopped.
they have him revieved but they can not get his blood pressure under control or stablized.

this is not a good thing.

most of the group is in route to hospital and others are going after work.

will update more as i know.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
updates
blood pressure is giving him fits and will not allow them to get him stable.
other than that im still on stand by. going up there after work and will text everyone as i know more.

i will do full updates tonight when i get home.

·
Registered
286 Posts
updates
blood pressure is giving him fits and will not allow them to get him stable.
other than that im still on stand by. going up there after work and will text everyone as i know more.

i will do full updates tonight when i get home.
Last update at around 7:00 p.m. is that the doctors have now determined that Joe does have spinal injury at the cervical level. I was at the hospital when neurosurgeon came in to talk to friends and family.He is not paralyzed that they can tell at this point. However, they do believe that the cervical level the injury is at could be causing the blood pressure problems. Until they can get the blood pressure issue resolved they cannot conduct further testing to see extent of damage to cervical spine or any other areas of the spine. He has been put into somewhat of a medically induced coma to keep him calm and still for the time being. It is touch and go at this point.

Prayers are needed... Thanks to everyone that has posted up your wishes and prayers since this happened.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts