Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i had my holy crap im a idiot moment about 2 days a go... me and my friend were out in the country roads, i was on his ninja 250 and he was on his dads busa 1300, well he said i should try and ride it. and oh sweet jesus.... it was stupid fast and terrifying but fun at the same time.. needles to say i only rode it for a few miles before i decided it was enought.. i think ill stick to the 250 for now

·
Registered
6,884 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Wow, at the very least TCormier you could use the SAME HP numbers for both bikes. Your numbers are using flywheel horsepower for the BMW and RWHP for the Busa.

The Busa is 197 Hp at the flywheel. The BMW is 179 at the wheel. The BMW should be faster by a little but not by near as much as you're trying to claim. I pulled ALL those numbers from the links you posted.

And anyone who thinks a Busa Isn't fast is....well just an idiot.

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Wow, at the very least TCormier you could use the SAME HP numbers for both bikes. Your numbers are using flywheel horsepower for the BMW and RWHP for the Busa.

The Busa is 197 Hp at the flywheel. The BMW is 179 at the wheel. The BMW should be faster by a little but not by near as much as you're trying to claim. I pulled ALL those numbers from the links you posted.

And anyone who thinks a Busa Isn't fast is....well just an idiot.
Oh, my bad. I'm good with using numbers for math, reading is my weakpoint.

By the way, I think anyone with a little common sense would realize that my last comment was a bit sarcastic :majoreact Anyone suggesting either as a noob bike is ridiculously stupid.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
they aren't good newb bikes until you add the turbo and nos. so that you can escape panic situations.

·
pick your poison
2,972 Posts
Busa's with NOS...BMW 1000rr's

pfffft...

Go balls out...

ZX14R (with ABS of course)

:eatpop

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Sorry, I've spent all afternoon digging my truck out of the snow. I'm a little grumpy.

:cheers
:cheers , no worries, I'd be grumpy too if I were doing that!

Busa's with NOS...BMW 1000rr's

pfffft...

Go balls out...

ZX14R (with ABS of course)

:eatpop
Kawi FTMFW!

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
It should be Dual Turbo ZX-14R with NoS.

I mean just stock (and what bike runs best at stock?) the 14R is 186 rwhp and 110 rwtq. Riding that thing was just too awesome. I never even remotely began to stretch it's legs while doing 60 on a back road on a demo. DEFINATELY a beginners bike. Think of it! You don't need to shift out of first MAYBE second. Why confuse the newbies with complicated bullshit like shifting or feathering the clutch at a launch? The fucking bike lurched forward happily just by letting the clutch out in first.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Great story, will read again.

·
Mediocre Strafer
9,137 Posts
It should be Dual Turbo ZX-14R with NoS.

I mean just stock (and what bike runs best at stock?) the 14R is 186 rwhp and 110 rwtq. Riding that thing was just too awesome. I never even remotely began to stretch it's legs while doing 60 on a back road on a demo. DEFINATELY a beginners bike. Think of it! You don't need to shift out of first MAYBE second. Why confuse the newbies with complicated bullshit like shifting or feathering the clutch at a launch? The fucking bike lurched forward happily just by letting the clutch out in first.
Not to interfere with the general hazing, because I approve of it, but one thing that makes hyperbikes so nice is that they don't have the super close-ratio gearboxes that the SS's do. The top of second on my K13S is "only" 100mph - significantly shorter than my S1000RR. Broad torque bands will do that for you.

KeS

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Not to interfere with the general hazing, because I approve of it, but one thing that makes hyperbikes so nice is that they don't have the super close-ratio gearboxes that the SS's do. The top of second on my K13S is "only" 100mph - significantly shorter than my S1000RR. Broad torque bands will do that for you.

KeS
I see what you mean and perhaps my ribbing wasn't factually correct. My camera broke early last year or I'd have a video of what first gear on the 14R was like. After looking it up it seems the 14R rolls like this

1-65
2-100
3-130
4-160
5-175
6-186 with about 500-1000 rpm left.

So, apparently he'll have to shift into 2nd. :( What a fucking hassel...fuck the 14R. We need a Dual Turbo Boss Hoss w/ NoS.

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts