Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 2001 929 for about three months now. I went to a movie last night, during which is rained on my bike, and when i rode home i started to smell burning plastic. I thought i might just be the rain but i smelled it again on my way to work today. On closer inspection it looks like the lower right fairing is bubbled up a little bit, right by the engine cover. Never had a problem since i bought it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Never had a problem yet. i took off the fairings and haven't seen any discolouration or bubbling. where is it occuring?? I remember first getting the bike and smelling something, but it was just the newness burning off i guess.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I read a thread about a burning smell after the rain before. it had to do with water getting in the electrical components and washing some dirt around in there. do a search for it. it might be in the old database though.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Don't know about your bike, but mine (sv650) always smells like something burning for a couple of days after riding in the rain. I think it mainly comes from the radiator. The smell goes away after a couple of days (all the water finally evaporates?). If your plastics are really getting bubbled, could be hot water dripping on the inside after being heated by the outside of the radiator? Or it could be that you just noticed it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts