Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
I've never used one, but I have 2 friends with the Shoei GT Air model. They love theirs and I've never heard them mention any negatives, other than they say the helmet is not as light due to the built in visor and parts. But they also say the weight difference is negligible.

·
Retired Army
9 Posts
I had a Bilt helmet from Cycle Gear, but didn't use the visor much, I just didn't really care for it.
That being said, I worked at Cycle Gear for a few months, and many customers came in looking for helmets with built-in visors. They had them before and liked it a lot.

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
I have a modular Nolan. I believe it's a N104 model. I use the visor all the time during the day, even when it's cloudy. It's just a habit now to put the helmet on, latch the strap, drop the chin bar, and activate the visor. Just part of my routine. I can't say I notice the extra weight. You're only talking about a few pieces of plastic.

·
Registered
222 Posts
My helmets have always had visors, I hardly use it. I think I will go with one without next time. The sun doesn't bother my eyes at all, which is wild Helmets with visors are much heavier, so keep that in mind.

·
Common sense isn't common
986 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have this one, although I got it when it was on sale for under $100. It's marginally heavier than my old helmet without a drop-down visor, but not noticeable when wearing it. I really like the drop-down smoked visor, since I often commute to work and it's dark when I leave the house but gets light while I'm riding, or the opposite at day's end. I just have to push a button to adjust, rather than stop and swap out visors. This helmet happens to fit my head perfectly, which I think is by far the most important factor in choosing one. LS2 FT2 FF396 Lucky Seven Helmet - Motorcycle Superstore

·
Registered
210 Posts
Like all helmets, some are better than others. The LS2 drop down visors are pretty optically correct. They offer drop down visors on many different styles of helmet too. 3/4, modular, full face, etc. I've been using helmets with drop down visors since I first moved over to modular helmets in 2005 or so with a Shoei Multitec. Current LS2 has one as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got the AGV sport modular from here, Motorbike Helmets at BuyHelmets UK, it's a modular helmet so there's that, quite a bit of flexibility but as you say lots of moving parts. and AGV have never let me down on quality

That being said I find the built-in sun visor really handy, funnily enough I find I'm not using it in the summer but more like this time of year when the sun is quite low

I prefer it to a tinted visor because I don't always want it in the way, my mate says why don't you just wear sunglasses haha

·
Registered
210 Posts
All those annoying people that don't wear prescription glasses. :rolleyes: When I was under 40 I wore sunglasses a lot too. But prescription bifocals cost a lot more. Some just use the stick on bifocal bits on normal sunglasses though. What ever works.

·
Registered
2 Posts
All those annoying people that don't wear prescription glasses. :rolleyes: When I was under 40 I wore sunglasses a lot too. But prescription bifocals cost a lot more. Some just use the stick on bifocal bits on normal sunglasses though. What ever works.
Same here. Started wearing prescription glasses 5 years ago. I had some issues while riding but got used to it, especially when using visors similar to these. Bifocals is a good choice too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts