Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I, for the most part, have everything picked out but I have a few questions.

1. Is there any advantages or trade off to having the HDMI/VGA/DVI outputs on the GPU vs. MOBO.

2. Does it matter if my AMD x4 has integrated graphics or not. Do integrated graphics matter at all since I am getting a 2GB 256 bit GPU.

3. I just now realized Ive not picked out a Wireless PCI card. any recommendations or do they all do the same thing.

4. Since this is a custom build....., and I go to install Windows OS will I have any driver issues I need to resolve or is windows now plug and play.

5. what regulates power from my PSU, I seen any where from 450 watts to 750 watts. I'll use a stock Heat Sink with my CPU, what keeps it from getting to much power? Going with 450watt unit.

AMD x4 750K
XFX Radeon 7850 2GB 256 Bit
8BG Ram...?? 1600 is enough
450watt PSU
Basic Case.
1TB HD 7200 RPM

also what exactly is XFX. is that a company that works with AMD? I though AMD bough ATI

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
1) You want the HDMI output on the GPU as that is what is powering everything graphically
2) Intel CPUs are currently much better than AMD. (But you can get some really killer deals on AMD these days)
3) With a graphics cards you can ignore integrated graphics entirely.
4) For the OS, insert the disc and follow the instructions.
5) I'd recommend a 500 watt PSU (FROM A REPUTABLE COMPANY) as a base.
6) 8gigs of 1600 is plenty. CL9 is better than CL10.
7) I dunno about wireless PCi. My mobo has integrated wireless/bluetooth.
8) Get a SSD. You don't need a big one, but having your OS on an SSD is the biggest improvement you can make to a comp.
9) XFX is a company that resells tweaked versions of video cards (both AMD and Nvidia), similar to ASUS, Sapphire, gigabyte, EVGA, etc.

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts

·
Registered
15,272 Posts
I've built my own, but find it about the same price just to go to

https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/

and get one

The only thing I'd caution is don't buy their memory or harddrive upgrades, just get the machine and check those parts, buy them off newegg.com or someplace else to add more. Cheaper

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
I'd strongly recommend against gaming over a wifi link. It has absolutely nothing to do with the "megabit" speed of the wifi link...it's all about latency / lag (higher with wifi) and dropouts/interference.

While I know there will be people who feel the exact opposite of what I do...when it comes to gaming, I personally have a very strong preference for Intel and Nvidia over AMD stuff. To the point where to me the question isn't "Which processor" or "Which graphics card"...it's "Which i7" and "Which Nvidia".

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well most games are only use 2 cores anyway right? also this is a budget build. I just dont want to go over $600

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I used to build all my gaming machines, it was fun and saved a lot of coin. But the last two times I was buying I found it was a bit cheaper to just buy a machine from HP with incentives that had a similar spec. HP allows a pretty big range of customization and good parts. I've been happy with both machines.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
859 Posts
my rigs are pretty dated now. but i have a core 2 duo and an i7 rig. i use the core 2 duo more. it has:
Core 2 Duo E8400
Asus p5q mobo
4gb ram
60gb SSD and 750gb hd
evga 8600gt
creative sound card
lg blu ray drive
dvd drive
all in a Lancool k62 case with 5 fans

1 - 9 of 9 Posts