Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok since the site has been rather slow or boaring the past few days I thought I would ask what kind bike would you build from the ground up? Any brand you want, It can be custom or race/drag race ect. You can be as detailed as you like listing parts you would use ect. So lets see what you would build. :popcorn

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
well, id make the gas tank look like a girl's ass and lower back, like i was doing a chick doggy style every time i got on the bike. It would have undertail exhaust and shoot flames whenever the bike was running. probably also a machine gun on the handlebars so i could shoot any assholes that cut me off. thats all i got so far.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I would have a sportbike. Bored out V-Twin motor but shaped like an R1. SS Steel brake lines but anodized black, Ohlins forks, shock, and damper(black if possible). Black swingarm, Chrome 5 spoked wheels, black frame, speedohealer, black CF framesliders, Full Akro pipes(powdercoated black and shotgun style of course). Yea so that would be a killer bike. Now I just need the years of skill to match.....

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I would build a R6 from the ground up using an R1 motor (sleeper from hell). Ohlins front and rear. Ohlins steerind damper. RC spinners, Brembo 6 piston brakes front and back, Steel braided lines on every thing. Wolf undertail. Custom paint possably Candy blue with burnt orange ripps or tribal. The frame and swingarm, forks, engin cases, kickstand, shock, tripples, clipons, levers, guages, gas cap, brake calapers, rear sets, ect would all be chrome then painted with the candy Blue over it to give it a candy chrome color. It would not be a trailer queen but an every day rider. The reason for all this is to advertise for my shop. I love a custom bike that can run with the best of them or spank them when needed. Like when they talk shit about all the chrome.

·
Registered
321 Posts
My roomate and I next year are actually going to find a bike and rebuild/customize it. We wanted tp get something with a v twin, so I was thinking an rc51. Probably use different fairings though, no offense but I think the rc51 headlights are hideous. Use the front fairings of an 03+ r6 or r1. I would have undertail exhaust, inverted forks, black rims, dark blue paint with black flames. Michelin pilot power tires, nice sounding exhaust, whatever a really good suspension is (ohlins, penske?)

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
RC51: Ohlins suspension all around, (gold) OZ wheels, Brembo brakes, Sato Banzai highmount exhaust, (gold) rearsets and clip-ons, flushmounts, undertail, and a flat black paint scheme. :drool

Chopper: Hardtail frame, Springer front end, 18" apehangers, foot clutch, jockey shift, red spoked wheels with whitewalls and another flat black paint job.

·
Registered
203 Posts
i would want a goofy ass sleeper that just blew everyone the hell away. Like a CBR600rr with a fully prepped rc51 motor in it. Imagine one with that wicked ass v-twin sound tearing up the track. I've never been to the track, but still. Damn!

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
An Aprilia Rs250 frame with a 400 or 600 V-twin motor. Ohlins all around. Oz wheels. Color wouldn't matter because all you would see is the tail light as I ride by on the street or the taped up tail when I blow past all the b***** SS bikes on the track. Sleeper you say...yes sir.

·
Banned
1,673 Posts
Sportbike:

Lightweight FI 600cc Wankel engine on some type of 250 platform, like Aprilia. Fuel through frame. Full brembo, braided lines, CF wheels. Ohlins professionally set up. Full titanium short can exhaust. Ram air. HID with projectors. Adjustable rearsets. CF bodywork. Mechanical Tach and digital speedo.

·
The American Stig!
317 Posts
Custom, I'd build my chopper. S&S 145" engine, Baker 6-speed, only I'd go with a real short rake and drag bars, and lay the pages out closer to being sportbike style. Sort of a chopper/cafe racer. Oh, and I'd use the S&S VFI system for tunability.

This bike should be done sometime in the next couple years. I just need to wait for a frame I like.

·
Superbike fan
871 Posts
I'd like to get a 600 and turbo it. Surprised the liter bikes a bit.

If cost wasn't an issue: Blackstone wheels. Ohlins suspension. Brembo brakes. Titanium axles and fasteners. Carbon fiber swingarm. Unpainted carbon fiber bodywork.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Suzuki TLR or Honda RC51, Hooligan style. small front fairing (aka Aprillia Tuono) Handle bars, flat black frame with a flat black gas paint scheme, undertail type exhaust. (flat black) and flat black wheels. BMW Rockster front headlights

·
Registered
79 Posts
800-900cc twin rotary in a trellis frame with Ducati Supermono-esque body work, Ohlins suspension and BST carbon fiber wheels. :headbang :Bd

BTW, for who ever posted it, the Norton F1 roadracer back in the late '80's DID shoot fire from its exhaust. :3eek

·
Registered
498 Posts
Already done it. Built my track bike from parts acquired one at a time. Nothing special or spectacular. I just happen to know every piece of the bike.

·
Banned
1,673 Posts
Wouldn't a new rotary engine be perfect for a bike? They're extremely light, powerful, and don't vibrate at all. That, and bikes dont need to pass emissions... Mazda already rectified the sealing and temperature problems right?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ershank said:
Wouldn't a new rotary engine be perfect for a bike? They're extremely light, powerful, and don't vibrate at all. That, and bikes dont need to pass emissions... Mazda already rectified the sealing and temperature problems right?
Mazda fixed about 75% of the rotary engine's downfalls by simply moving the exhaust port to the side of the chamber, instead of being on the rim, I think. One of the problems with the Norton F1 racer was that it used a total loss oiling system, meaning that all the oil in the engine would eventually be blown out the exhaust. So, not only was it belching fire out the exhaust, it was also leaving a fine mist of oil as well. The other racers HATED the thing. Big time emissions no-no, though. But, no one could catch it in a straight. I believe there are still some track records in England held by the Norton F1. What killed the F1 was cooling issues. When Norton did all the R&D, they left the body work off. In production, however, it had a full fairing. The radiator just wasn't up to the task of cooling an enclosed, power-on-every-compression engine. They overheated and seized up like a poorly oiled two-stroke. :dunno

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
fredcbr1100 said:
RC51 motor in a flat track style frame. 300 pounds, no frills. Basically a supermoto bike with way too much motor...
I've heard of flat track bikes using the TLR engine and dominating the competion. They were putting the Harley's to shame which have been ruling the flat track series forever.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Ok I'll Play.
I've wanted to build a freak bike for a long time.
Something on the order of an FZR 400 with a built 120 H.P. Kawasaki H2 three cyl./2 stroke air cooled engine.
And while we are dreaming it would be great if some sort of Fuel injection system AND turbo charger system could be worked up.
Giving this bad boy a H.P. boost to around 160-165 at the crank would be just peachy.
Keep the dual type headlights,large tach. ,no speedo,air shifter w/ign. cutout,no fairings except a small chin/scoop type under the engine,engine painted silver.
Racing style solo seat,clip-ons moved to above triple clamps(or superbike type handle bar conversion),big ass brakes,larger billet rims(gold anidized)w/larger sticky tires, custom under-tail exhaust outlets and the bodywork finished in BLACK!

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'd go with a Ducati with a ssa, but instead of thier v-twin, have a RC51 engine in it. Other than that those bikes are sweet and have the sick suspension already on them.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts