Sport Bikes banner

Buells that attract you sexually

3K views 23 replies 21 participants last post by  stnkbg1 
#1 ·

See less See more
#11 ·
I had seriously thought about a Buell XB12R as my next street bike, but since they're no more, I don't wanna be stuck with an orphan'd bike. Guess I'll hafta hope they get picked up again by someone so I can have faith in parts/warranty again. Otherwise, that white bike and blue/orange one looks freaking sweet!

#19 ·
I'm sorry but that 1125 is freaking hideous. you aren't riding the motorcycle so much as guiding those two gigantic aberrations on the sides of the tank (yes, i know they are functional but my God, they are freaking huge). The ass end of the bike is all business though.

I love the Lightnings as well as the Ulys. Too bad they tanked. Hope Erik can figure out a way to keep making motorcycles (but with rotax engines).

#21 ·
I'm sorry but that 1125 is freaking hideous. you aren't riding the motorcycle so much as guiding those two gigantic aberrations on the sides of the tank (yes, i know they are functional but my God, they are freaking huge). The ass end of the bike is all business though.
I don't mind the big scoops, but I can certainly understand the criticism of them. I actually think Buell would have been entirely more successful had they designed their fairings better. Their (largely) naked bikes looked cool, but their bodywork on faired bikes typically lacked any discernible form whatsoever - they were all just blobby nothingness. I know that criticism is probably ironic coming from an owner of a Hayabusa, but Buell took the melted look to a new level. For better or worse, looks play a huge part of people's interest in something, and had their bikes looked "cooler", I think more people would have overlooked the fact that the couldn't compete with the Jap bikes head to head.

Too bad they tanked. Hope Erik can figure out a way to keep making motorcycles (but with rotax engines).
Agreed.

#20 ·

hahaha, sorry -- i just couldn't resist...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.