Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just bought a Buell M2 Cyclone. I got a good deal on it and was wondering if I should keep it or sell it. Do they all shake badly at low speeds or does this one need a tune-up and a pipe? I've ridden Ducati's and they don't vibrate so badly at low speeds. I would like to sell this M2 and try to get into a XB9R maybe. Does the fuel injection help or should I stick with a Ducati or a Suzuki SV650?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi lyon, From what I have heard the Buells pre 2002 do shake real bad at rpms below 3000 rpm because of the motor mounts. The xb series uses a different motor mount that helps eliminate the shake. Again this is what I have heard from people I know that have owned or own pre 2002 Buells.

·
Midnight Rider
415 Posts
its still an HD, they all shake somewhat at low RPMs... ever watch a Harley at a light? the damn thing looks like it is going to fall apart

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I replaced the plugs and changed the oil. Seems that the rear cylinder was fouled pretty bad. Once I replaced the plugs, it puffed a lot of white smoke and low and behold it came to life. The really bad vibration from below 3000 was reduced to minimal and the bike has plenty of power. It really wants to lift that front tire! I am very happy with it and I think I'll keep it for a little while...

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have a 2002 M2L Cyclone and it shakes like hell. But its a good thing. Its supposed to do that. But she really wants to get going and she's tellin ya to go.

·
Registered
2 Posts
M2 Cyclone

I've got some practicing to do on my buddies Honda 550, but once I have a bit of time under my belt and the safty course I wanna buy an M2 Cylone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts