Sport Bikes banner

Buell Blast?

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Baldman 
#1 ·
Never heard of them. Here is a link for one that is for sale here in Houston, TX.

http://hometown.aol.com/badchoppers4life/BIKEFORSALE.html

Opinions? I've narrowed my search down so far to a Honda Nighthawk/Rebel or a Kawasaki Ninja 250. Used of course, because I'm still a n00b and I dont give a sh*t what other riders say. :)

#2 ·
It is a Harley Manufactured bike, 500cc's. They are cheap, no fairings like the EX and I hear they produce more torque. There pipes have more "grunt" then the bikes you mentioned. GO to your local HD dealer and check one out in person, you might end up considering one. Good luck with your choice. Being in Texas I am sure there is one probably close to you(HD dealer of some kind), heck they are everywhere now.

#6 ·
Zippy said:
They also have enough torque to power wheelie at will, so take it easy.
You sure about that? While I've never ridden a Blast, I have owned Buells, and they are HEAVY. The Blast is both heavy AND underpowered. I doubt keeping the front end down will be TOO much of a problem.

#7 ·
I road one during my MSF course. I own and ride a Ninja 500R. IMHO the Kawasaki Ninja 500R is about 109380924850924502 time better.

I hate that rattling Buell POS. So, from one new ride to another, go for the Jap bike. The Ninja 500R is AMAZING. The Buell, IMHO sucks some major balls.

#11 ·
I bought a Buell for my GF last month. It's a blast (no pun) to ride. Very easy maintenance. No chain to replace or adjust, and no resulting chain lash while riding. Sounds mean with a pipe. It's not heavy. I can pick it up alot easier than a 600ss!

And the number one reason.....

Handles falls without damaging plastic fairings, clipons, or mirrors!!!!!

Did I mention it gets about 65mpg?

#12 ·
I've heard about iffy quality on the trim pieces.... And personally, I just don't like the looks of em. :eek: I can attest to the Ninja 500 being a great bike! ;) And you can find them used EVERYWHERE.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.