Sport Bikes banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the about a couple days ago i got my katana in from ebay. that afternoon i wanted to go riding with my brother. When my brother tried to start up his bike (02 R6), there would be only these weird clicking noise and his headlights were really dim. the turn signles wouldnt even turn on. When he tried to press his horn, there that weird clicking noise came on again. we ended up not riding that day.
The next day his bike fired perfectly fine, and went riding in the sunset...lol. Horn, signles, and headlight were all working normal again. Do you guys have any idea what went on???? -He told me that this is not the first time the bike did that to him-

·
Registered
910 Posts
Look for a loose battery ground connection.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Check the pressure on the mainline.. rotary.. girder.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Same thing happend to me the lights went dim buzzing sound trying to start it, its just the battery. Might look into a new one

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
yeah, they tought that at the MSF today, its the battery

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
cruiser said:
:rolleyes

Never seen the movie Tommy Boy I guess. :beer

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
They already answered the question.....I am just being a post whore :lol

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
In the several years of being a mechanic, I've yet to see a battery go bad, then back to good the next day...

Check battery connections.

·
Registered
578 Posts
TRaGiK said:
In the several years of being a mechanic, I've yet to see a battery go bad, then back to good the next day...

Check battery connections.

Maybe the charger in the bike isnt working 100%

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
----

----

In my experience, they either work or they don't. It's rare that a stator would put out less voltage than it was intented to. They usually just end shorting to ground due to insulation breakdown. The rectifier/regulators usually go completely bad also. There really isn't a gray area in the charging system. However, thats not to say it isn't possible.

·
Are we not men?
9,023 Posts
Sounds like a corroded connection on the battery or ground. The battery would likely not cause those symptoms.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I agree with the loose/corroded connection. If the battery goes bad it usually is consistantly bad.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Redstar11 said:
----

----

In my experience, they either work or they don't. It's rare that a stator would put out less voltage than it was intented to. They usually just end shorting to ground due to insulation breakdown. The rectifier/regulators usually go completely bad also. There really isn't a gray area in the charging system. However, thats not to say it isn't possible.

Hey thanks for the tip i was just looking at the options but thanks for the tip

1 - 16 of 16 Posts