Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was out riding and my rightside vortex (rear brake) rearset broke. It was quite scary because I was at full lean on the right side. Luckily the brake hoses, my fairing and exhaust caught it from totally coming lose and falling on the ground. It gave me just enough support to be able to slow down and lift the bike back up. The part that broke was the rear plate that connects to the bike, it totally broke off.

I was wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else?

I contacted Vortex and they responded immediately. They are sending me a brand new set. I am sending it back to them for inspection.

I was over an hour away from home and had to stop at walmart and ended up zip tieing it back together. Sucks cause had more riding planned.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Scary. I had the master cylinder perch break while braking. At the time I was breaking from highway speed to stop at a busy intersection. I had enough time to make my amends with God before I stopped.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep it was definetly scary as I was at a decent pace in full lean then all of a sudden my foot drops about 3 inches lower, my body shifted a little.

I found out from the rep I have the 1st gen rearsets and he is sending me the 2nd gen. 2nd looks better as they have folding levers. hopefully the 2nd gen is better.

i now have a left clutch side rearset for sale, anyone need a spare or replacement lol?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts