Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever "smuggle" fireworks across the pa/ny border? I just wanna go down to get some bottle rockets and stuff, but I have never crossed the border and have no idea if there is a big security check or what. Can I just put them in my trunk and be on my way or is it like the Canadian border where they search everything?

·
Registered
430 Posts
umm.... it's not like each state has a customs dept..... don't think they have any roadblocks setup or anything..... but then again they may have some kind of sting setup where maybe they are "in" with the fireworks dealer and then they follow you into NY and pull you over.... but nothing like coming in from another country....

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Being from NY originally, I know the state troopers used to have road blocks from time to time, to check for "DUI'" over the holiday weekend, but if they find fireworks there is a big fine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So just a fine, I'm not going to jail? Haha. If that's the case, who cares. It's worth it for some quarter sticks.

·
Registered
346 Posts
no bottle rockets here man, keep on drivin to WV or VA. If someone is selling them in PA it is illegal. so let me know so i can go get some.

·
Registered
430 Posts
yeah all we have in MD is Gay sparklers and things that smoke..... WEAK!!!! Hey man why don't you just go into the city and buy some.... I remember when I was a kid we would go into NY City and buy them off of some guy in the street.... I'm sure there are still some guys out there selling that stuff.. unless they cracked down hard on it....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I looked into it more. If you get caught with them in NY it's a class B misdemeanor. WTF it's just fireworks.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
just google fireworks youl find hundreds of places. only thing you should have started much earlier not close to a holiday when there looking for it. use cash airels are much easier to find than crackers.. look for motars or tubes is what you really want... :D Trust me .... I know. B***** is BETTER :D get minimum 3 inch if you can afford them. altough 2 inchers are ok, a decent 2 incher will take your breth away on launch and shoot the load sometimes up to 2000 feet before detonation, payload even in 2 inchers can be spectacular. common rule applies B is B :) motars are available to 18 inches,,,, dia. :eek: Happy 4th everyone B Careful..... there EXPLOSIVES... especially the B=B ones...

Ive had cases of 8 and 10 inch motars on Ney Years 2 years ago when I was still working, they were un-fakinbelievable !!!! Had to bury the pipe in the groundlower a basket ball size ball into the pipe by its fuse ant run your ass of or it would knock ya DOWN when it took off.... Absolutly awesome spesh if yer a pyro/bomb nut like I am

** there are cameras in alot of the b***** stores/companys. also dont use a cc.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
West Virginia has good fireworks if you go to places where they actually make them. Virginia does not. Though WV is allowed to make them, they are not allowed to sell to West Virginia residents. Ain't that some BS!

·
Registered
14 Posts
This past Sunday I drove from CT to PA to get some fireworks. I spent $520 (then they take off 1/2 price since buy one get one for 99 cents).

Loaded them into the truck and drove home. The only time I saw police is at the door of the fireworks store. Checking to make sure you are out of state.

Other than that no problem. There were people there buying over 2 grand of fireworks. Oh I got some of the motar shells. Love them things. 150 feet in the air and 250 spread...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts