Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need new rear tire for inspection. I wanna stay with Bridgestone Battlax but not sure if i should get the BT-014 or the BT-016.

what are the pros of BT-016 over the OEM BT-014 ???

·
5,455 Posts
BT016 is better. its the newer version of the BT014 and is a 3 compound (for rears, 2 compound up front) tire so you'll get a little more mileage out of them. i have heard (but can't personally back this up) that the compound on the edges is too soft for really fast track riding since it will overheat and get greasy.

my bike came stock with BT016s, which are supposedly slightly worse than the off the rack version. i have never felt them slip at all, even in the rain. i have over 5k miles and am only now getting to the wear bars. i guess thats decent for a sport tire, but i'm putting on Pilot Road 2s soon.

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
Isn't the BT-014 discontinued? replaced by the BT-016.

Anyway, the 16's are far superior to the 14's.

Cyclesector has a deal on them.

·
the joke is in your hand
8,588 Posts
CycleSector.com they were having a sale last week or so. but they have been $239 shipped for a long time now.

what type of riding do you do and how fast do you do it? because the BT-002RS is practically a street version of a race tire. it is probably the best street tire on the market.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yeah our regular price is $239 shipped. Occasionally we do group buys on em for $225 shipped.

These are awesome tires, once people try them they usually get em again. Definitely worth a shot if you havent run them yet.

We also drop ship them so you normally get them within 1-3 days after ordering.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts