Sport Bikes banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Guys--play Nice---this Is A New Member And Needs Some Advice Not A Bunch Of Whiny Bickering Children Whining At Him!!!!

Keep It Clean And No Flaming!! Got It???? Good!!! :)

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Hey robbieace, nice move, you just earned a warning. That was childish and uncalled for. My advice to you...stop flaming people or you may find your use of this site very limited. Got it?

firefighter81, you did give good advice, some people just can't get past their ego long enough to admit when they're wrong.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
BTW Eric welcome to the site!!

My advice to you is to take the MSF course--great investment! Listen to what your instructors will tell you is a good bike for beginners and then go from there....they will know more than your "friends" trust me!! They won't steer you in the wrong direction and just remember....the bike you really want....will always be there...they make new ones every year and there's tons of used ones for sale everyday!! :)

Good luck and welcome to the sport :)

·
Registered
912 Posts
I started on a 750 and i had no problem with it

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
robbieace said:
I started on a 750 and i had no problem with it
so what happened to it, how many miles have you ridden on the bikes?

any m/c history before the GSXR?

·
Registered
912 Posts
I rode a 250 dirt bike on and off when i was little and then i bought my 750 two years ago and rode it for about 2500 miles then bought my 929 and put about 1100 miles on it.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
robbieace said:
I rode a 250 dirt bike on and off when i was little and then i bought my 750 two years ago and rode it for about 2500 miles then bought my 929 and put about 1100 miles on it.
Ok, now I understand why you think the way you think. You haven't even got your feet wet yet. Once you get some more riding experience, come back and start giving advice. As RSixxy said it the other thread, don't be one of those new riders who are giving advice to other new riders. It doesn't work that way.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Wow that's really not many miles at all... I put that many miles on my two fiddy in about 2 months when I had a couple years back....like I said "ego"--it'll get ya everytime!! :)

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Troy is right on FEAR & RESPECT.

You will have to learn that something like a 600cc Cruiser & 600cc four pot sportbike are amazing differnt in power, handeling & such much more. So a LOT to be studied & learned as you take the MSF Course.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.