·
Registered
183 Posts
"Annually"

Scott ;)

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Heh, the front pads on my 150cc lasted 2500 miles!!! 15 bucks the set.

I would love to know aproximately how many sets of pads will an average rotor survive???
I don't want to know what kind of pain it will be to find a new rotor for my bike, parts are really hard to come by.

·
Registered
175 Posts
On the topic of brakes and brake pads.

Is it possible to smoke your brakes?

The other day I was out riding and out of curiosity I wanted to see how fast my bike could stop in an emergency situation. I was going about 200 km/h and then hit the brakes and stopped as quick as I could all the way down to 0. I noticed as I was stopping that there was a lot of smoke comming off my brakes. I kinda freaked out thinking that I cooked my pads or something but my brakes still work fine. Someone told me that there were probably bug guts on the rotor and that's what was burning.

Anyone know what that could be?

Sorry to hijack your thread by the way.

·
My fanclub is here
1,918 Posts
When I changed pads on my F3 I went with the EBC kevlar pads. They worked fine I guess I've nothing to compare to. The brakes on my 02 gix750 bite harder though. I don't know if I'll stay stock or go with some HH pads. I've heard conflicting things on those.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
I just put EBC on my bike Friday night. They have a hard initial bite (like to the point I almost dropped the bike), but they have bedded in quick. I think this is like the 4 pair of pads in like 20000 miles or so.

·
3 cyl r bttr thn 4
2,470 Posts
02gixxer600 said:
At what milage did you change your brake pads???
Its not about mileage. Its about feel and taking a look at the pads themselves and making sure they stil have pad left. If they start getting close to the back plate then definetly change'em out, no need to risk it.
Just my opinion :D

·
Banned
245 Posts
30/30/30 is a break in procedure, but it might mean something different in the poseur crowd

brake pads can smoke and they do release gases which causes brake fade.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts