1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Vesrah RJL sintered race pads.

·
Registered
910 Posts
The problem with the EBC HH pads is that they have a predilection for warpage of their backing plates if you brake very hard often enough.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Eyespy said:
The problem with the EBC HH pads is that they have a predilection for warpage of their backing plates if you brake very hard often enough.

Hmmmm....... I never noticed that. I'll have to look on the package next time.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
i actaully use the stock pads over the EBC HH. Once the stocker bedded in w/stainless lines and silkolene fluid, i was able to use 1-2 fingers to pull the brake lever. I personally dont' like the EBC's b/c of the way to hard inital bite then brake fade.

I would like the try the Vesrah's though, eyespy, how are they?

·
Registered
910 Posts
silent_R1 said:
i actaully use the stock pads over the EBC HH. Once the stocker bedded in w/stainless lines and silkolene fluid, i was able to use 1-2 fingers to pull the brake lever. I personally dont' like the EBC's b/c of the way to hard inital bite then brake fade.

The Vesrahs are excellent. initial bite is not overly aggressive, the braking forces generated are very linear, making it easy to modulate braking, one finger stops are no problem, no problem with fade, they last a good long time, and I find they are very easy on the rotors. No warping, either.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
sweet...i gotta replace my pads anyway fairly soon...think i might try those

·
Superbike fan
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the replies. I bought some EBC pads for my car and those things squealed like crazy for the first 5000 miles even with goop on the back. I don't really think they stop any better than the factory pads either.

·
voted for an American
4,580 Posts
silent_R1 said:

Yep I had some fade with my EBC HH pads, still light years ahead from my stock pads though. Also didn any of you guys notice that they hiss pretty loud?

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Vesrah RJL sintered race pads here too.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
TTsixxer said:
Yep I had some fade with my EBC HH pads, still light years ahead from my stock pads though. Also didn any of you guys notice that they hiss pretty loud?
well, the hissing didn't really bother me nearly as much as flying off a straight at 120+ mph on an R1 pulling in the brake lever and not getting much brake. So, I used ALOT of engine braking and in this case, trail braking. I made the corner, but it had a pucker factor of 10.
I don't know, about them being light years ahead of stock. I guess it would depend on the bike makes. The yamaha pads are pretty good. like I said, damn near flipped me before I got used to them.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
GreenZED said:
does vesrah put out an organic pad...if so, where would you suggest to purchase them online?
Why organic? I bet the stockers are sintered metal. Most sportbikes come with really good brakes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts