Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will need to replace my pads here soon. Should I get the stock pads or go with AM. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
tell us about your riding habits.

my suggestion would be a aftermarket branded oem replacement. like vesrah's stock replacement pad.

if you ride some track, or really like to properly abuse your brakes, you could get a hh+ style pad like DP's SDP or vesrah's RJL pad.

·
Registered
212 Posts
mattg said:

my suggestion would be a aftermarket branded oem replacement. like vesrah's stock replacement pad.

if you ride some track, or really like to properly abuse your brakes, you could get a hh+ style pad like DP's SDP or vesrah's RJL pad.
I Use vesrahs RJL Pad and they grip like a mofo. I use those pads and a galfer wave rotor. I had a trashed rear rotor and needed to get a new one so i ebaed the galfer . 285.00 and man it grips good.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
+1 on the Vesrahs. I don't know if they make them for your bike, if so, they can be a bit pricy, but they work well and I'm pretty friggin hard on my brakes. I love them. As for the EBC, if it that vs stock, I would go w/stock. I took my EBC's on my R1, replaced them with stock pads b/c I hated the EBC's. They have a great inital bite, but brake fade when they get heated up is fairly common. I don't trust them to stop me.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am a beginner rider so I try to take it easy on the brakes as much as possible. I try to have my speed adjusted well before I enter corners. And I have maybe a handful of times grabbed too much front brake and scared the shit out of myself. Once when an ambulance was crossing an intersection, which was no big deal but the jackass in the F350 in front of me stomped on his brake a lil' early, and on a couple of turns I was going a lil' too fast for my ability. I have not been to the track yet and probably will not any time soon. Basically just to and from work and cruisin the Austin city streets.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts