Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of changing out my brake pads for better performance. I was considering SBC Pads but I haven't heard much about them. Has anyone else had experience with them or had good results from other brands?

Thanx
T

·
Banned
48 Posts
SBC is a phone company LOL

u must mean EBC. Yes they are the best, pretty pricey too, Vesrah is decent too and costs much less.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Dp brake pads are the best i've ever used...period.

get the Rdp pads for the best performance...ah hell,here is a write up i did.

Nearly every Sportbike made these days comes equipped with sintered pads.
I’ve heard lots of people praise the quick break in and overall quality of Dp brake pads,
So I made a call To Larry Mills at Dp brakes in Lancaster Ny. To ask a few questions and get more info on their product line.

I do quite a few track days, and after talking with Larry, he recommended their RDP Racing Brake pad and sent me out a set Of The Dp’s RDP racing pad to try.
The packaging and the back of the Brake pads says “for track use only” but can be used on the street will no ill effects, and work just as well in the rain. Dp mainly put’s this on the pads and packaging because of the stopping power they provide .

What’s interesting about the Dp pads is they have a ceramic heat shield on the back of the pads that I have not seen on any other Brake pads available. This is to keep heat from coming through pad and causing brake fade.

I installed the pads and did nothing else. No sanding of the break rotors ect.
I went out on the warm up lap of my first session and started to lightly get on the brakes as I entered the corners to get a little heat in the pad. They felt great instantly and I picked up the pace for my next lap.

Coming into the first turn I got on the brakes as I normally would and was rewarded with braking power that you would not expect from a brake pad that had only one lap on them.

In fact, I entered the turn way slower than normal due to the stopping power from The Dp pads. I realized I had nothing to worry about and proceeded to run my bike into the next hard breaking section as I normally would. I got on the brakes as hard as I usally would using another brand of brake pad and found out just how good these pads were. The stopping power was amazing .The feedback was awesome from the pads and they were very progressive without being grabby. The harder I pulled on the lever the harder the bike would slow down. I also liked the fact that there was no harsh initial bite from the RDP’s. I found myself braking later and trailing the breaks in to some of the corners wich I had never done before.

Kudos To Dp for such a fantastic Brake pad.

Dp brakes
4401 Walden Ave.
Lancaster, NY
Tel: 716-681-8806 www.dp-brakes.com

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn dyslexia... Yea SBS is the one's I was refering to. Thanx for the Input Guys. I'll Look into the DP pads as well.

·
Registered
519 Posts
better brake lines will make more of a difference than better brake pads

·
Registered
886 Posts
What about longevity? Brake pads that stop you well aren't much good to the average steet rider if they don't last.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts